News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbi with OBI110 International Calls and GV routing problem

Started by Larva, December 20, 2012, 09:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larva

hello to all the experts.  it is my first time using a VoIP device/service, and i have encounter with some problems with the international calls and google voice.

this is what i have done so far.

I already setup OBI110  with my account of Google Voice and is working fine, it makes calls and receive calls fine, and for international calls it also works fine but not the way i want it to work.

i been reading that i need to route digits and stuff like that. Im a complete noob on this.

the configuration that i want is this.

for outgoing calls   primary line to be my land line, and i think is named (PSTN line).
but i want that at the moment of making a international call to use the service of Google voice.
is the way i have it setup on my smartphone with google voice aplication and it works fine.

the main reason for me to buy OBI110   is just to use google voice with international calls nothing else.

basically what i want is the person who is receiving my  the call , in his Caller ID shows up my home number, but i dont want to move my landline phone number to GoogleV.

right now if i dial doing **8#####  then it use my landline.

and mi setup is like this,

wall line -> DSL filter -Two outputs ones goes to the DSL modem and the other to the OBI110. From the OBI110  I have the the phone and the ethernet. 

can any one please help me?

thanks.

ianobi

Larva, welcome to the forum.

You need to make a few changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

Exact DigitMaps will depend on exactly what you need to dial for local numbers etc. I will make an "educated guess". I'm assuming that you set up Google Voice on SP1 Service. This is how your configuration needs to look

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :

(<**1>011xx.|xxxxxxxS4|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

With no ** codes this will route seven digit calls, ten digit calls not starting with "1" and eleven digit calls starting with "1" to your PSTN line. It will also route calls starting with "011" to Google Voice on sp1.

You can also use **1 to force ten and eleven digit calls to GV should you wish.

I have very little knowledge regarding Google Voice, but I do not think it can pass on your CallerID from your PSTN Line.

Rick

Correct, GV will display the GV number for all calls placed with it and that cannot be changed.

Everton

If I understand the OP correctly, he wants to display is AT&T number whenever he makes an international call using Google Voice (GV).  Frankly, you can get much better calling rates with other VOIP providers.  I use CallWithUs (CWU) for all my international calls and have them set up on one of my Voice Gateways for OUTGOING calls only.  They also allow you to set any number in your CWU Portal as your outgoing CallerID.  So, if you use CWU for international calling, you can set your AT&T number as the CallerID that the called recipient sees when you call them.  You can also do this with Anveo and VOIP.ms,but their International Rates are a bit higher than CWU.  You should compare the rates for your particular International destinations to see which of the aforementioned providers meets your need.  I hope I captured what you are trying to achieve.  Unfortunately, as others has already stated, GV doesn't allow you to change the outgoing Callerid!

CallWithUs
http://www.callwithus.com/

Anveo
http://www.anveo.com/

VOIP.ms
http://voip.ms/

Larva

Quote from: ianobi on December 21, 2012, 03:41:38 AM
Larva, welcome to the forum.

You need to make a few changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

Exact DigitMaps will depend on exactly what you need to dial for local numbers etc. I will make an "educated guess". I'm assuming that you set up Google Voice on SP1 Service. This is how your configuration needs to look

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :

(<**1>011xx.|xxxxxxxS4|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

With no ** codes this will route seven digit calls, ten digit calls not starting with "1" and eleven digit calls starting with "1" to your PSTN line. It will also route calls starting with "011" to Google Voice on sp1.

You can also use **1 to force ten and eleven digit calls to GV should you wish.

I have very little knowledge regarding Google Voice, but I do not think it can pass on your CallerID from your PSTN Line.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late response.

I have done all what you said and seams that it is almost working, there's only one little problem with the local calls.  when we do a call most of the time we get the message "you must first dial 1 to complete this call"
but even if you dial 1 it keep saying it. you have to keep trying until the call works. And is annoying.
Regarding the international calls we are good and great on that part.

The other part is the incoming caller id. I don't have caller ID service in my landline, but will obi shows caller id even if i dont have a caller id feature?. I don't have a Phone No. with GVoice , so every incoming call is on my landline.

i hope i was clear, English is not my primary language.

Merry Christmas.

QBZappy

Larva,

Quote from: Larva on December 26, 2012, 09:52:49 PM
The other part is the incoming caller id. I don't have caller ID service in my landline, but will obi shows caller id even if i dont have a caller id feature?. I don't have a Phone No. with GVoice , so every incoming call is on my landline.

Believe it or not, everyone has CID. If you forward your calls from the landline to another service that has CID you will see the the CID will show up. They block the CID if you don't pay for the service.

You could bridge all your calls on the OBi to a free Callcentric number in order to obtain the missing CID. (Li->SP1). Set it up this way:

Physical Interfaces
    PHONE Port
    LINE Port-> InboundCallRoute = :SP1

Assumes that SP1 is setup with a free incoming number
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Larva

Quote from: QBZappy on December 26, 2012, 10:06:44 PM
Larva,

Quote from: Larva on December 26, 2012, 09:52:49 PM

Believe it or not, everyone has CID. If you forward your calls from the landline to another service that has CID you will see the the CID will show up. They block the CID if you don't pay for the service.

You could bridge all your calls on the OBi to a free Callcentric number in order to obtain the missing CID. (Li->SP1). Set it up this way:

Physical Interfaces
    PHONE Port
    LINE Port-> InboundCallRoute = :SP1

Assumes that SP1 is setup with a free incoming number

I think that my SP1 is GV, I'm still a newbi on this thing of the OBI and G/V.  my doubt is this one.  In my OBI110 i have connect my landline and the G/V  so every incoming call to my Landline is going also trough OBI. So obi will use the call Id feature of GV to show the number even if the call is incoming on my ATT line?.

anyhow i will try it and i will post the results.

EDIT:  i have made the changes but after this changes i CANT recive calls at all. So changed back to default settings.
                       InboundCallRoute = :ph

ianobi

Larva,

Quotewhen we do a call most of the time we get the message "you must first dial 1 to complete this call"

While the call is still ongoing with the message, please look at Status > Call Status,  which should show what digits are dialled from the phone and what digits actually go to line.

What digits you need to dial for local calls - seven, ten and eleven digits?

Larva

Quote from: ianobi on December 27, 2012, 12:47:57 AM
Larva,

Quotewhen we do a call most of the time we get the message "you must first dial 1 to complete this call"

While the call is still ongoing with the message, please look at Status > Call Status,  which should show what digits are dialled from the phone and what digits actually go to line.

What digits you need to dial for local calls - seven, ten and eleven digits?

always, all the time has to be 11 digits.

outgoing call result:

Terminal ID PHONE1 LINE1
State peer-ringing peer-ringing
Peer Name
[b]Peer Number 1xxxxxxxxxx (11) eleven digitis    1xxxxxxxxxx (11) eleven digits.[/b]
Start Time 13:18:47 13:18:47
Duration 00:00:06 00:00:06
Direction Outbound Outbound
Peer RTP Address
Local RTP Address
RTP Transport
Audio Codec
RTP Packetization (ms)
RTP Packet Count
RTP Byte Count
Peer Clock Differential Rate
Packets In Jitter Buffer
Packets Out-Of-Order
Packets (10ms) Interpolated
Packets Late (Dropped)
Packets Lost
Packet Loss Rate
Packet Drop Rate
Jitter Buffer Length
Received Interarrival Jitter
DTMF Digits Received
Jitter Buffer Underruns
Jitter Buffer Overruns
Sequence number discontinuities
skew compensation
send silence

this started to happen when i did the changes of the second post.

ianobi

In the example you posted the OBi110 seems to be acting correctly and is sending eleven digits starting with "1" to line. I note that the state is "peer-ringing". Is this a call that failed and got the message saying a "1" is required?

I wonder if the "1" is being sent to line before the PSTN telco is ready to receive it. Try this change:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DialDelay: 1000

This will increase the delay from the default half a second (500 default) to one second (1000). This gives a little more time for the telco to present dial tone before the OBi sends the first digit to line.

Larva

Quote from: ianobi on December 27, 2012, 11:27:31 PM
In the example you posted the OBi110 seems to be acting correctly and is sending eleven digits starting with "1" to line. I note that the state is "peer-ringing". Is this a call that failed and got the message saying a "1" is required?

I wonder if the "1" is being sent to line before the PSTN telco is ready to receive it. Try this change:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DialDelay: 1000

This will increase the delay from the default half a second (500 default) to one second (1000). This gives a little more time for the telco to present dial tone before the OBi sends the first digit to line.

thanks so mush that worked perfect,  made then calls an non of it present a error.

i have one more question, when i recive a call incoming from G/V No. I can see the phone number (CID) , but when goes trought the pstn it does not shows the telephone number.

how can I fix that? i dont have CID service on my landline but few post above a user tried to help but the code didn't work.