News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using voice gateways with trunk groups

Started by v.2geofs, December 21, 2012, 07:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

v.2geofs

Hello all,

I am using the OBI110 in conjunction with Freeswitch to handle my calls.  The inbound call route on LN1 is set to tg2($1), and trunk group 2 trunk list is vg1($1),ph as I want to ensure that calls will ring whether they are run through freeswitch or not.  I find, however, that this is not functioning correctly.  It still rings if FS is enabled, but once I disable it I get the OBI110 answering message.  Call status report it's trying to connect to SP1(192.168.1.221) when I dial in.  If I remove the $1 from the routing, then it reports trying to connect to OBITALK1. 

Now that you have the background information, my question is:  Is it possible to use a voice gateway as an item in a trunk list, and if yes where am I going wrong?

Thanks so much in advance,
Geoff

obi-support2

Assuming LN1 means SP1.

1. You cannot use ph in a trunk group list, because ph is NOT a trunk.
    You can only use ph in the InboundCallRoute.

2. You cannot use (arg) syntax in a trunk group list either; only the trunk names, such as vg1, vg2, sp3, etc.

3. What is your vg1 set to? What service?

4. What is the intention of the $1 argument.
OBIHAI Support Staff

v.2geofs

What I am attempting to do is route all calls coming in on LN1 through freeswitch for automated recording, then send them back to SP2 to ring on the phone.  However, if the Freeswitch box is off, I want the failover to ring on the phone directly.  Same thing for outbound:  I want all outbound calls to go through vg1 to freeswitch, then back via SP1 to be routed to LN1.  But if Freeswitch is off I want the phone to route directly to LN1.

The purpose behind the $1 is to pass the call number through to freeswitch, to be passed back to the OBI110 for caller ID.

This entire VOIP setup is a huge learning curve for me :)  I am trying to adsorb VOIP, OBI110, Linux and Freeswitch all at the same time.

Thanks for the help,
Geoff