News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google contacts form home handset???

Started by Chuck_in_ABQ, December 24, 2012, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_in_ABQ

When I go into my google account form a non-smart handset (home phone plugged into Obi, or simple flip phone mobile, or work phone), I would like to be able to use my google contact list. It gives the option of pressing "2" to dial, but only choice is to actually dial the number. I have seen a few places on the web indicating that I should be offered verbal prompts to access my google voice contact list, and to follow prompts.

Am I missing something in google setup? Or is this feature not available?

Sure would be nice to use one contact list set form all phones, including the old fashioned ones.

I know this is not directly an Obi question, but I only got GV for my obi.

Thanks
Chuck

Rick

Quote from: Chuck_in_ABQ on December 24, 2012, 09:36:12 AM
When I go into my google account form a non-smart handset (home phone plugged into Obi, or simple flip phone mobile, or work phone), I would like to be able to use my google contact list. It gives the option of pressing "2" to dial, but only choice is to actually dial the number. I have seen a few places on the web indicating that I should be offered verbal prompts to access my google voice contact list, and to follow prompts.

Am I missing something in google setup? Or is this feature not available?

Sure would be nice to use one contact list set form all phones, including the old fashioned ones.

I know this is not directly an Obi question, but I only got GV for my obi.

Thanks
Chuck

Nope.

giqcass

We have been asking for that feature forever.  Even if it was only for a few contacts it would be nice but Google has not granted this feature.  Occasionally I have been without my phone due to a dead battery or forgot it at home. How many of the phone numbers in your contact list do you actually remember?  For most of us it's not that many. 

Try requesting the feature with "the Google" at the link below. 
http://support.google.com/voice/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=suggestions.cs
Long live our new ObiLords!