News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110/Callcentric Weirdness

Started by jjtigger, December 25, 2012, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjtigger

Got my mom an Obi110 for Christmas (since my wife and I have been really happy with our Obi202 at our house). I've gone through the same steps to set hers up that I used to set ours up. However, I'm encountering "weirdness".

I have a CallCentric free VOIP account and an IPKall account fronting it so I can dial into this Obi. If I dial the IPKall number, it rings through to the CallCentric account bound to the Obi device. When the phone rings, I hit answer on her handset and it *seems* like it answers the call. However, the calling line continues to just ring and ring and ring. Yet, when I go into the Obi's call log, the Obi thinks it's picked up, correctly. Same when I go into the CallCentric account's call log.

Trying to sort out if this is an issue with the Obi, the CallCentric or the IPKall configurations. Anyone run into this?

Note: if I unregister the Obi from CallCentric, the IPKall number rings through to the automated message saying that the CallCentric user isn't available. So, it *seems* like the handoffs are happening (mostly) correctly?

Everton

I'm not sure why you need IPkall in the mix.  You can get a free New York DID from Callcentric and use that number for calling into the OBi110 registered to Callcentric on SP1 or SP2.  Why not try that approach to eliminate one provider from the calling path.  You can setup e911 on this same account......