News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wake Up Call/ Alarm

Started by miggy82, April 11, 2011, 05:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miggy82

It would be cool if you could set up your Obi to make your phone ring at certain times of the day.

QBZappy

miggy82,

I bet that OBi has an undocumented service code which can make the phone port ring for testing purposes. This would be one half of the equation. Next you would need a timer or task scheduler.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: miggy82 on April 11, 2011, 05:18:25 PM
It would be cool if you could set up your Obi to make your phone ring at certain times of the day.

http://wakerupper.com/

miggy82

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked up about free wake up calls before posting and did see some free services like the wakerupper but in the long run they turn up to not be free. Wakerupper is free for the first 10 times then it is 5 cents for each wake up call. I also saw another one that is free but you are limited to 1 wake up call every 24 hours. I know that it would be easy to set up a macro with something like autohotkey to make your computer call you but I don't have or want to have my computer on all the time. If it is something that would be easy to implement into the Obi I believe it would be a nice feature.