News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to make calls without registration

Started by roberthuang, December 27, 2012, 12:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberthuang

Hi All,

I'm sharing a Service Provider with my cousin. He can make and receive calls. For me, I only need to use this SP to make the international calls. So I don't want my phone to ring whenever there is an incoming call.

In my PAP2, there is an option to allow me to put all the credentials but no to register, just choose to make calls without registration. I'm wondering if the Obi202 has this feature as well. If so, please let me know where to set it up.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

giqcass

The Obi 202 has "X_RegisterEnable"  It's on by default but you can turn it off. It's located under the Voice services tab.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Everton

Does your Service Provider allow you to make calls without registration?  Some don't!  BTW, if allowed by the provider, it is easy to setup this up on one of your Voice Gateway Accounts, without using one of the 4 SP slots and use the OBi Dial Plan (DigitMap) to select this Gateway for your International calls.

roberthuang

This is exactly what I want. Thanks Everton.

Please let me know how to configure the gateway. I only know how to configure the 4 SP slots.

Felix

A good place to start is, of course, page 118 of the Administration guide. Also, search this forum for "gateway" - you will find a lot. Don't be surprised that even after you try, something won't work. Come here, describe what you did, and ask for help.

roberthuang