News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reconnecting Obihai110 after a year

Started by khanvict, December 27, 2012, 04:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khanvict

I used Obihai a while ago and then I had to cease using it for about a year.  I still have my google voice and obitalk account and thought perhaps I could just hook it up and be good to go but that isn't the case. Didn't change any settings.

On power up, the power light seems to flash red slowly. None of the other lights make any real connection. I can see on my router that the connection seems intermittent as well. Should I do a factory reset and also delete and re-add the device on the configuration? If I reconfigure do I also delete the soft-phone?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

khanvict

Ok, I read somewhere the power adapter could be the issue so I found another one and I got green lights on the power and phone. However, I don't have a green light on the internet LED on the device. As a result, I also currently have no dial tone.

khanvict

It turns out the power adapter I had replaced and got green lights with was only a 6V and the Obi needed a 12V so that would explain why I had no dialtone because there probably wasn't enough power there to support it.

I went to Fry's today and picked up a universal one where you can adjust the voltage accordingly and it was 800mA for the current. I set it to 12V, plugged it in, green lights, and dialtone! Everything is working fine as far as making and receiving calls. It's good to be back!  :)

lhm.

Good for you. You also may want to update to the latest firmware.