News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using SipToSis to Make and Receive Skype Calls Through an OBi

Started by RonR, July 19, 2011, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

Quote from: ccclapp on August 16, 2012, 07:53:08 PM
1.   with Skype, when I can call out everything is fine, however, incoming calls trigger siptosis which seems to see the call and then immediately disconnects after ringing once on the computer and never ringing on the OBIHAI phone.  Any ideas why this may be?  

I've never been able to have a conversation with two different Skype clients registered with the same account. Although I realize that you can have several different computers running Skype with the same login credentials, I thought only one client could connect to the call. In your case you more than likely have one computer running two instances of Skype using the same acct (siptosis and Skype). This is more than likely the reason it seems to crash.

It seems that you could can occasionally use the OBi hard phone and your Skype computer phone on the same call. I think you should consider yourself lucky that you are able to do that at all. That is basically a form of conference call. To have a problem free conference call I think setting the Skype on the computer under a different Sykpe name would be more reliable.

Can't wait to see that How to article. Can I suggest that you start a new thread for this, with a reference to this thread. It would be nice to have a good "How to" in the title so that it will be easier to find in the future.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ccclapp

thanks QBZappy

Just to clarify, I'm not doing what you imagine.  On the local computer I'm running a single instance of Skype with siptosis loaded.  Then, I'm calling that Skype number from my iPhone Skype app login to a different account.  Thus none of that should be a factor.

As to my being able to hear a call from my OBIHAI phone both on that phone and on the adjacent computer (which is running Skype and siptosis) it doesn't go so far as to be a conference feature, more of an annoyance because sometimes sounds come out of both.  I would want sound only coming from the OBIHAI phone with a computer remaining silent.

As to my how-to, as you suggest a new post may be worthwhile but there is still very good information in this post so linking back to it and giving all the credit to RonR and others in putting yourself may be the cleanest solution...

QBZappy

ccclapp,

Quote from: ccclapp on August 16, 2012, 08:53:10 PM
As to my being able to hear a call from my OBIHAI phone both on that phone and on the adjacent computer (which is running Skype and siptosis) it doesn't go so far as to be a conference feature, more of an annoyance because sometimes sounds come out of both.  I would want sound only coming from the OBIHAI phone with a computer remaining silent.

It looks like others before you have had this issue. Short of turning off the mic and speakers, it may not be possible to control that behaviour. Read the entire thread. The info there might interest you.

Re: Using # in DigitMap for routing to SIPToSis gateway is not working.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=701.msg4307#msg4307
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Veronica

Thank you RonR i got this working  nicely :).

Just one thing to add is in this part:

QuoteAdd the OBi's SPx IP address in SkypeToSipAuth.props (SPx must be configured as SIP):

*,sip:siptosis@192.168.1.150:5061,YourSkypeUserID     // :5060 = SP1 | :5061 = SP2

While in SkypeToSipAuth.props you need to comment this line (add a # before the line):

*,play:clips/invalidDest.wav

So the final SkypeToSipAuth.props file should look like this:

#Default: all incoming skype callers get the invalid destination message
#*,play:clips/invalidDest.wav
*,sip:siptosis@YourObiIPAddress:5061,YourSkypeUserID

NOTE: I didn't have to setup my antivirus firewall or port forward other ports.

If any one know a way to make this work on an Android smartphone would be great, the .bat must be running in the background for this to work, maybe the OBI guys can integrate this to the OBIon app? well they haven't updated their Android app since 2011 so  ::)... sigh!
Currently im using Groove IP in my smartphone for my google voice account which is the only i had setup in my Obi110 anyway.

~ V

ccclapp

Quote from: Veronica on August 17, 2012, 12:15:25 PM
Thank you RonR i got this working  nicely :).

QuoteAdd the OBi's SPx IP address in SkypeToSipAuth.props (SPx must be configured as SIP):

*,sip:siptosis@192.168.1.150:5061,YourSkypeUserID     // :5060 = SP1 | :5061 = SP2

While in SkypeToSipAuth.props you need to comment this line (add a # before the line):

hi,
I'm in the midst of writing a idiot's guide for this and it meant I am a case in point idiot.  Would you mind elaborating on your recommendation above?  I thought using the #is simply a way of putting in text that would not control anything.  I must be wrong because you seem to be generating commands with your lines which start with #.

that point aside, would you please describe  what you are text is doing in terms of commands?

Thanks

Veronica

Quote from: ccclapp on August 17, 2012, 12:21:44 PM
Quote from: Veronica on August 17, 2012, 12:15:25 PM
Thank you RonR i got this working  nicely :).

*,sip:siptosis@192.168.1.150:5061,YourSkypeUserID     // :5060 = SP1 | :5061 = SP2

hi,
I'm in the midst of writing a idiot's guide for this and it meant I am a case in point idiot.  Would you mind elaborating on your recommendation above?  I thought using the #is simply a way of putting in text that would not control anything.  I must be wrong because you seem to be generating commands with your lines which start with #.

that point aside, would you please describe  what you are text is doing in terms of commands?

Thanks

Hmmm ok i don't think i really understand what you mean but i'll reply you anyways.

When the main program calls a file for an instruction it will only read code that is uncommented that means code without # in front.

# is used to comment text like instructions that serve as a guide for the user/developer and also for comment code that you don't want to be detectable, and so "readable" by the main program.

Now this specific command:

is used when one of your Skype Contacts calls you thru Skype off course. It will redirect the current Skype call to your Obi thru port 5061 which belongs to SP2 (As per RonR instructions)

That's how i understand it and assimilate it.

~ V

ccclapp

hi Veronica

as to the first part of my post, I believe you understood it.  If I read correctly you have confirmed what I thought: any text beginning with a "#" is simply text to be used as reminders notes etc. and will not trigger any commands.

That being the case what I don't understand is your post that: "the final SkypeToSipAuth.props file should look like this:...
...#*,play:clips/invalidDest.wav"

because that line has a #at the beginning it doesn't do anything, does it?

If that is the case, it doesn't look to me like you changed anything.  I'm just trying to be sure I understand if you've added/changed anything from what RonR posted because as I say I'm trying to write this up in explicit detail so dummy users like me know how to configure OBIHAI for Skype

Thanks

Veronica

Original file after RonR instructions will look like this:

I just added one more step to do in that file which consist in comment (#) *,play:clips/invalidDest.wav line, because if you don't when your skype contacts try to call you they will get invalid destination message so it won't ring your phone plugged to the OBI.

If you DO comment that line then the main program won't detect it but it will detect *,sip:siptosis@YourObiIPAddress:5061,YourSkypeUserID which is the one we want to be detected, then your phone will ring successfully and you will be able to speak with your Skype Contacts.

~ V

ccclapp

thanks again!

Just being doubly sure I understand:

Are you saying that RonR's line "*,play:clips/invalidDest.wav" was intended to be an internal note and not a command and that it should have had a #in front of it( so it would be a note and not a command) and you are correcting that?

If that's true, great call.  I never would have figured that out.  Note: in following Ron's guide I can make outgoing Skype calls on my OBIHAI, but incoming calls to my Skype address fail.  Possibly you're correction will fix this...

Veronica

Quote from: ccclapp on August 17, 2012, 01:15:02 PM
thanks again!

Just being doubly sure I understand:

Are you saying that RonR's line "*,play:clips/invalidDest.wav" was intended to be an internal note and not a command and that it should have had a #in front of it( so it would be a note and not a command) and you are correcting that?

If that's true, great call.  I never would have figured that out.  Note: in following Ron's guide I can make outgoing Skype calls on my OBIHAI, but incoming calls to my Skype address fail.  Possibly you're correction will fix this...

Yes, will fix it if you followed Ron's instructions to the T.

I don't know if RonR is the creator of the SipToSis package, by default *,play:clips/invalidDest.wav is un-commented but it must be commented if you want this to work. RonR gave instructions but he forgot to mention to comment that line, after that incoming calls will work, the whole method will work 100%.

~ V

ccclapp

Veronica

QuoteYes my suggestion will fix it if you followed RonR instructions to the T.

fabulous!!  This solved my problem (at least the one having to do with Skype and OBIHAI)

As previously stated in following Ron's guide I was able to call out from my OBIHAI phone via Skype but all incoming calls to my Skype number failed.  Your correction solved this! 

Many thanks

ccclapp

I've successfully worked through the Skype set up with my OBIHAI but because of my more limited telephony experience it took a while to understand RonR's excellent instructions.  To help other less experienced users I've written a detailed step-by-step guide that follows what Ron wrote but with more explanation...

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3920.0

I'm only doing this to be helpful not to try to take any credit for RonR's work.  
If anyone sees any errors please let me know.

Thanks for everyone's help!  

Veronica

Hello everybody, i decided to make a modded package for this Set-Up that Ron-R kindly shared...

*It is meant for Windows users
*This is an on-the-go package with all the instructions so you don't need to check back the forum for the entire instructions.

1. Extract the package as extract here.. you will then see a SipToSys folder
2. Read:
- Readme-INSTALLATION.txt
- Readme-OBI Configuration.txt

Download Links:

SipToSis-for-OBI+Win.zip

MediaFire - GDrive - Dropbox

~ V

airaa

Hi.
Veronica,
were you able to find a solution for the smartphone, android?
I have it working in Windows and Linux but I can't seem to get it working on my Galx S2 or MK802.

Thanks all for your help.

kyco

I have installed sipTosis and Java 1.7 on an XP box.  When I go to run sipTosis_win.bat, the batch file finds the Java path OK, but instead of running the java script the batch file returns the java command line help and then exits.  Any ideas what I am missing?