News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to configure Obi202 to accept 933 to test E911 service by Anveo?

Started by Peg_M, December 28, 2012, 05:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peg_M

Hi--I am using Anveo to provide E911.  Anveo says all is in order at their end.  But when I dial 933 to test 911, I get a fast busy signal.  Anveo says that my SIP device (i.e. Obi202) is not configured to accept 933. 

How do I configure Obi202 so that I can test 911 by calling 933? 
Many thanks, Peg

ianobi

Peg M,

There is an easy way and then there's the correct way  :)

I'm assuming that you have Anveo on sp2. If you have GV on sp1, then it's likely that you are sending 933 to GV, which it does not like! If you dial **2933, then after a long wait (10 seconds or so) 933 should be sent out to Anveo. However, this does not really replicate how 911 is sent to Anveo, so it's not a very good test.

To do a real test you need to make a few changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

Find your way to Physical Interfaces > Phone Port 1 > DigitMap. Among lots of rules there will be a rule ...|911|... Add 933 so you have ...|911|933|...

Then move on to Physical Interfaces > Phone Port 1 > OutboundCallRoute. When you set up 911 on Anveo, this rule will have been added somewhere ...,{911:sp2},... Add 933 so you have ...,{911:sp2},{933:sp2},...

After a submit and waiting for reboot, you should now be able to dial 933 and it will be sent direct to Anveo on sp2 in the same way that 911 is sent.

Repeat the above for Phone Port 2 if you would also like to test from Phone Port 2.

Rick

Simply call the NON-EMERGENCY line of your dispatch center.  Ask if you can do a 911 test for a new phone setup (call during non-holiday, non-rush hour, and non-local-emergency times).  When they say yes, hang up and dial 911.  When they answer say, "THIS IS NOT AN EMERGENCY.  Explain you are testing your E911 service and wish to have them verify your name and address".

No changes to your setup need to be made for this.

Shale

I was looking into the procedure described by ianobi above. I found the string, and I was pleased that the 933 was already configured on my obi202!

I dialed 933, and the automatic test took place. There was a delay of maybe 10 or so seconds before I heard anything, so I initially was thinking that the routing was not working. But then the automated voice started. It reads the associated address to you and then has you speak something after the beep. It then plays your audio back to you. End of test.