News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID not working on Dish Network VIP722 with GV but not Callcentric

Started by KillerBeagle, January 02, 2013, 06:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBeagle

I've got a new OBi202 with GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2.  The phone port on the OBi connects to my home wiring which was long ago disconnected from the landline and until recently was hooked to a Vonage box.  The only loads on the home wiring are a Dish Network VIP722 DVR and a Uniden cordless phone.

The VIP722 has a feature that allows you to display caller ID info on the TV screen for incoming calls.

The issue I'm having is that when an incoming GV call arrives, caller ID works on all devices (no CNAM of course with GV) but when an incoming Callcentric call arrives, caller ID appears on the cordless phone but the VIP722 acts as if not call has been detected.

I have experimented with splitting the phone and VIP722 between the two phone ports on the OBi, moving them both to the second port, and even fiddled with the mysterious advanced settings for Caller ID, all without any luck.  I also filed a ticket with Callcentric but they were clueless.

Any ideas?

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

KillerBeagle

QBZappy,

Thanks for the pointer and for doing the search for me (actually I searched, but only on VIP722 and DVR).

The "special" ring on SP2 appeared to have been the culprit.  I tried the simple fix of changing the ring, and also switched Callcentric to SP1, but neither of those worked.  However, I think some of the fiddling I had done with the Caller ID settings in advanced mode were still interfering, and I wasn't sure they had all been reset correctly.

So, I reset the OBi to defaults using the hardware switch, assigned Callcentric to SP1 and GV to SP2, and now CC Caller ID works correctly on the VIP722.

Thanks again for the help!