News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

'Missed Call' on Line port

Started by doctorjb, January 09, 2013, 06:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorjb

Hi,

I've been using my Obi110 for about a month (GV on Phone1, Callcentric on Phone2 and my landline in Line). Everything is working to my satisfaction and I haven't played around with any of the advance settings. There is a slight annoyance that I was wondering if anyone could help me with: when an incoming call comes in to my landline, the handset attached to the Obi will ring (as it should). If the call is answered by a landline phone, the Obi handset will show 'Missed Call' (it is a Panasonic). I would prefer that I only received a 'Missed Call' notification if I truly missed a call coming in to either of the Phone ports - is there a setting that I can configure to control this.

Thanks in advance,

djb

azrobert

I think the problem is with your Panasonic phone.  To verify this unplug the Panasonic  phone from the OBi and connect it directly to PSTN.  I bet you will get the same result.

doctorjb

Ah, right you are. The only difference is if the handset is attached directly to the PSTN and another handset answers, the Panasonic shows a 'Line In Use' message and then switches to 'Missed Call' when the answering handset hangs up. OK, thanks for the input - I can live with this slight annoyance until I purchase another handset!

djb

Rick

I don't see it as a Panasonic issue.  I have a Panasonic phone plugged into my wall jacks as well as an ATT base.  WHICHEVER phone grabs the call results in the other phone showing "Missed Call".