News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiHai and google voice power recycle during calls - try updating firmware

Started by jfoster, January 10, 2013, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfoster

Stay current with up-to-date firmware and keep your OBi running smoothly with the latest features.

NOTICE TO SERVICE PROVIDERS AND SYSTEM INTEGRATORS: The firmware versions below are only for use by OBiTALK retail/BYOD customers.  For the latest firmware and release notes targeted to service providers and system integrators, please sign-in to your OBiTALK Device Management Platform (DMP) account, then head over to the Firmware section on the portal.

You have three options to choose from to update your OBi's firmware:

Options 1 & 2 - Automated Update:
1.  Devices that have been added to OBiTALK will see an associated yellow triangle which can be selected to invoke an automated update process.

2.  Devices may be updated via the touch-tone phone attached to the OBi or the IP phone dial pad.  Dial *** 6 and confirm the update (if available).

Option 3 - Manual Update:

3.  Download the latest firmware for your device from the link below and follow the instructions to manually update your OBi using a web browser opened to the OBi device's local management web page.

OBi1032/1062: OBi1000 Firmware

Manual Update Instructions:

1.  Download the above linked file to your computer.

2.  Access the web page of the OBi device (OBi via Internet/WAN Port):
From a phone attached to the PHONE port of the OBi dial * * * 1
The IP address of the OBi will be read to you
Open a new browser window on your PC and enter the IP address of the OBi.
         E.g.  192.168.1.110

When prompted, enter "admin" for username and "admin" for password. 
         If you have previously changed the password, use that instead of "admin."

OBi202/OBi302 Note: To access the OBi via the LAN port, by default the LAN port IP (Gateway) address is: 192.168.10.1

OBi202/OBi302 Note: To access the integral web page via the WAN port, you may need to enable WAN access.  To do this, from the connected phone dial ***0.  Next, enter 30# - Press 1 to enter a new value - Press 1# to enable - Press 1 to save.

3.  Now that you have accessed the OBi web page, go to the "System Management" - "Device Update" page.  From there, "Browse" to the firmware file you just downloaded above and click Update. 

4.  Wait for the OBi to restart (approx. 30-60 seconds) and you will be good to go.

zapattack

Voice Services-Auto Attendant: uncheck Enable.
SP1-4 Service-SPx Service: X_Default ring (1-10)
GV does not allow CID to be changed.

azrobert

Quote from: jfoster on January 10, 2013, 07:04:48 PM

Question:   I did noticed that when I called my wife's home number it did ring on Port 2, but it also rang on my line Port 1, not sure how to fix.

Check Voice Services/SP3 Service: X_InboundCallRoute
Should be set to: {ph2}

Felix

Quote from: azrobert on January 13, 2013, 07:01:07 AM

Question:   I did noticed that when I called my wife's home number it did ring on Port 2, but it also rang on my line Port 1, not sure how to fix.

Check Voice Services/SP3 Service: X_InboundCallRoute
Should be set to: {ph2}

You better check them all - by default all four providers call both phones (and, by the way, if you don't change anything - none will call auto attendant. Obviously, turning auto attendant off doesn't hurt, either)

I would like to have unique ring patterns for each line on each port, not sure how to do so.
I'll give an easy answer: each phone will have two different ring patterns. Change X_RingProfile for two of the providers. So, in your case, change SP2 and SP4 to B. Then change Ring pattern in Ring Profile B to your liking.

I don't think you can have more than two distinctive rings... but I may be wrong