News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Master / Slave Setup – the Simple Version

Started by ianobi, January 17, 2013, 08:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

This is for those of you who want a remote OBi (slave) to be used for outgoing and incoming calls using all of the services configured on a Home OBi (master). Maybe you have a remote log cabin or a beach hut – so long as they have broadband!

In this example the slave OBi is a dumb OBi100 with no services except OBiTALK. The master OBi is an OBi110, but could be any OBi.

Slave OBi 200654321:

Set up a speed dial using the master OBi number in this format:
pp(ob200123456) in this example I am using speed dial slot 3.

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap:
(***S0|**0S0|0S4|x[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|**[1-8]x[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|**9(Mpp)|@@.)

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute
{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(<3*>(@@.)):pp}

Master OBi 200123456:

Assumes that Primary Line is SP1 Service.

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{(Mcot)>(Msp1):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>**0:aa},{(Mcot)>0:ph},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

User Settings -> User Defined DigitMap X:
Label: cot
DigitMap: (200654321|290xxxxxx|etc...)

For any incoming calls to the master OBi which need to be forked to the slave OBi, add a rule such as this to each relevant InboundCallRoute:
Change ph to {ph,pp(ob200654321)}

Notes:

I have left out 911 from the OBiTALK InboundCallRoute as it might be confusing calling 911 in from the slave OBi at a remote location. If it is required, then add it using the same 911 rule as is in the master OBi Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. Also, 911 should be added to the slave OBi Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap.

This simple version does not allow for number transformation. If required, that can be done by changing the slave OBi Phone Port DigitMap.

If the slave OBi phone wants to call the master OBi phone, then slave dials "0". This is to prevent slave calling itself if the master OBiTALK InboundCallRoute has a forking rule to the slave in it.

This is the simple version – it can get a lot more complex if the slave OBi has its own service providers.

Edit: Changes made to allow slave OBi to access aa2.

ianobi

Thanks MurrayB. Requests for this type of configuration seem to be asked for quite a lot, so I thought I would have a go.

I have since revisited my original post and updated the slave OBi DigitMap to speed up dialling. If anyone thinks the DigitMap looks a little odd, it's because I have tried to accommodate North American and UK dialling patterns.