News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 Ethernet

Started by picrthis, January 18, 2013, 09:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picrthis

Was looking at the Obi 202 and seen both the WAN & Lan ports are only 10/100 WHY?? Where is the gig support? I wouldn't want to put this router directly to my modem, as it will only get me 100mb. Almost all internet routers support 10/100/1000mb these days, why not the Obi202? That leaves me on the fence about it. I wouldn't want to degrade my pc connected to it to only 100mb instead of 1000mb.

Rick

Quote from: picrthis on January 18, 2013, 09:10:28 AM
Was looking at the Obi 202 and seen both the WAN & Lan ports are only 10/100 WHY?? Where is the gig support? I wouldn't want to put this router directly to my modem, as it will only get me 100mb. Almost all internet routers support 10/100/1000mb these days, why not the Obi202? That leaves me on the fence about it. I wouldn't want to degrade my pc connected to it to only 100mb instead of 1000mb.

If you were using the 202 as the main router in your house I would agree with you, as it's possible that communications between devices in the home could possibly be faster than 100mb (but not likely).

If you're concerned about communications between a device and the internet, there is no issue - since you're top speed is likely around 25.

Felix

Hi picrthis, and welcome to the forum!

There is a board called "feature requests" - you may want to post there. Personally, I can't imagine using VoIP adapter as the main router in the house, anyway - so, like Rick, I don't see that as important enhancement. Of course, there are enhancements that I want to see that don't seem to be very popular, either :)