News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can make but not receive calls

Started by Xelloss, January 18, 2013, 09:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xelloss

Hello everyone!
I have been using Obi for quite some time now. When I originally received the device everything worked fine. Since then I have been trying other things that work with Google voice and well... Things aren't going so well anymore.
I started using Groove IP on my Android phone and noticed my phone at my house stopped ringing on inbound calls. I knew this would happen and ignored it. I haven't used Groove IP in at least a month and also deleted it from my phone, yet the problem persists. I could figure out what was going on even after a vast search of the forums and internet so I started using Talkatone. Well I didn't end up liking Talkatone and found out there is a Obi app for the iPhone so I started using that. Once again I can make outgoing call but not receive them. I deleted Talkatone and Groove IP yet the problem persists. I have all my setting set up correctly as far as I know but seems I missed something.

What I have done...
-Checked forward calls to Google Chat in Google Voice
-Green status on Obi dashboard
-SP1 status shows as connected
-Most updated firmware

People who call say the phone rings and then goes to voicemail. Not sure where this can be happening from as all my old SIP applications are deleted. Not logged into Google Voice on any other devices.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and assist me!

Xelloss

Just wanted to say I've been reading everywhere and trying new settings. Seems that none of the incoming calls make it to my Obi100. I delete all my other SIP applications such as Groove IP and Talkatone, deleted their passwords so they would no longer have access to my Google account but to no avail. Phone rings for the person calling but never makes it to any of my devices. I have no idea what to do at this point.

Felix

Try to remove GV from OBi. Then call your GV number. If it rings (meaning some endpoint responds), then something is wrong with your GV setup. If it goes straight to voicemail - try to add GV to OBi once more...

Xelloss

Thank you for this! I removed GV from Obi and it rang anyway (not on my GV account!). Rang a few times and went to voicemail. What could be causing this?

zapattack

That is correct Google Voice operation: your calls go through your Gmail account by default.
If you are not logged in, which would allow you to answer the call on the screen, or if not answered by another phone, then the call is dropped to VM.
OBi is an add-on which simulates logging in to your Gmail account and allows you to connect a normal phone.
However it appears the first logged in application will grab your incoming calls.
Re-enable the OBi and verify under Status that it is connected. If you still do not get incoming calls, some previous app is interfering.

JJ_GTA

I was stumped for a weekend when one of my Obi's was in DND mode.

Try this... Get a dial tone on your Obi and dial *79 to turn off DND.

Hopefully that helps.

Felix

Log on to gmail. change password. set up OBi with new password. That should do it!