News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DigitMap and In/Outbound CallRoute Tutorial

Started by azrobert, January 18, 2013, 11:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

The last time I argued (had a discussion!) with mrjoe I ended up apologizing. However, I'm going to be Mr Pedantic and blunder right on in  :D

QuoteFor example if you have (xxxxxxx|xxxx) or (1234567|1234) if you dial 1234 the Obi will skip the reference to the  first series of digits and put the call through immediately.

If this statement was literally true, then number 1234567 could never be dialled as 1234 would always win. The situation here is that when the first four digits have been dialled then 1234 is in the "Exact Matched" state and 1234567 is in the "Indefinitely Matched" state. This combination starts the short (two seconds) interdigit timer. If no more digits arrive, then 1234 is sent out after two seconds.

In a lot of DigitMaps and In/Outbound CallRoutes, we could use a lot more S0 suffixes than we do. The thinking behind this is that a lot of the time the numbers simply come in as a ready-made string of digits from another digital source. The only time we need to worry about S4 or the default, which in most cases is effectively S2, is when we dial from a telephone that is delivering one digit at a time.

Anyhow, mrjoe's trunk groups are very impressive. They can provide the two stage process on InboundCallRoutes in the same way that the Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute combination does.

mrjoe

Hi ianobi,

I beg to differ, since 1234567 is an exact match for the first rule in the map, it no longer looks anywhere else and dials the number immediately.

I think you have mentioned or quoted in the past that the digit map is processed from left to right.  I don't think there would be any reason to continue looking if there is an exact match.

I know I'm entering in to pro territory but I can't help defending my theory.

ianobi

QuoteI beg to differ, since 1234567 is an exact match for the first rule in the map, it no longer looks anywhere else and dials the number immediately.
Yes, I agree with this.

The case I was quoting was if only the digits 1234 were dialled. Then there is a two second wait while the Digit Map Processor waits to see if that's it. It can see another rule (1234567) is in that DigitMap so waits for two seconds to see if you wish to dial 1234567 and not 1234.

mrjoe

I would get down on all fours and apologize but I'm in bed with fever, on my iPad.

What you are saying makes sense.

At the back of my mind I was wondering how it was working.

You win this round hands up  ;D

mrjoe

Hands down, sorry ;D

Was just watching Traffic Cops  ;D

ianobi

QBZappy

Ian, can I be the next challanger? I'm warming up in my corner. Be careful, I'm sporting the eye of the tiger!

UK vs Canada

It's the Eye of the Tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all
With the Eye of the Tiger ...
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

Will we be using Marquess of Queensberry rules or Digit Map Processor rules?  :D

CoalMinerRetired

Getting back to the tutorial nature of this most interesting thread, I want to add these interrelated points, that I often seem to forget and sometimes have to refer back to, as was the case this evening:

- Occurrences of (Mpli) and pli are substituted internally with the corresponding abbreviated trunk name of the selected primary line.

- You select the Primary Line for the PHONE port and for the AA, respectively, using the parameters PHONE Port::PrimaryLine and Auto Attendant::PrimaryLine.

The list below summarizes the choices available for selection as the primary line:
- SP1 Service
- SP2 Service
- SP3 Service
- SP4 Service
- OBiTALK Service
- PSTN Line1
- Trunk Group 1

Reference: http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm#_Toc333506039

The possible choices for "named embedded digit maps" are:
o    (Msp1) for SP1 Service::DigitMap
o    (Msp2) for SP2 Service::DigitMap
o    (Msp3) for SP3 Service::DigitMap