News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No service available to complete you call..

Started by ineedhelp, January 21, 2013, 02:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ineedhelp

I followed the installation video on the obi web site and when I dialed **9 222 222 222 it saids "No service available to complete you call.." I am stuck with the set up. anyone please help??

giqcass

Why don't you give us a little more information.  Which Obi are you using?  How is it connected to the net?
It sounds like the Obi might not be connected to the internet at all.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Felix

It's also a great question for "New to Using the OBi / VoIP" forum  ;)

ineedhelp

I am currently using the model OBI 110. Although I tried 3 different ethernet cables, I always suspected there are communication issues between the router and the OBI device. I tried every single ports on my router and it is still not working. I think it might be the problem with the firmware but I couldn't figure out what the problem is. Thank you guys in advance.. :)

Felix

No offense, but you may want to hire somebody to come to your place and set up your device. If that is not an option, I suggest you sign up for some full service provider (Vonage or VoicePulse) who provide good support.

giqcass

What are the lights on your Obi doing?

An amber light means your OBi device is not able to reach the OBi server. 
A green light means the OBi is communicating with OBi  server.

If you are getting a red flashing light on your Obi try the following procedure.

Do a factory reset.
1. With a paper clip (or similar) depress the reset pin located at the bottom of the OBi.
2. While keeping the reset pin depressed, plug-in the power cord.
First, the Power LED will turn red, then become sold green.
Keep depressing the reset pin while this is occurring.
3. After 10 seconds, the Power LED will start to flash green (slowly).
You may now release the reset pin.
4. Within 5 seconds, the Power led will start to flash green rapidly for about 3 seconds.
5. Next the Power LED will change to red briefly indicating the OBi is now rebooting.
The factory reset is now complete.

giqcass

Try to find your OBi's IP address. From phone handset attached to the OBi, press ***1. The OBi's IP address will be announced. See if you can connect to it by typing it into your browser.

ineedhelp

Thanks for the all reply guys. The light is blinking green. I tried reset the device and it is still not working. My router does recognize the OBI and got its IP address. But when i called ***1 it saids IP address not available. Help!!

giqcass

You say that the router recognized the OBi and gave it an IP address.   I assume you got that info by logging into the router.  From your computer try typing in the Address the router says it gave to the OBi.  The Power light blinking green suggest the OBi does not have an ip address just as the message said.

This is what the FAQ says.
QuotePower cycle your router and verify the Ethernet cable is securely connected, and you are seeing a link light on the router port where your OBi connects to.
Once your OBi has link, it will restart.
After restart, the power LED will show solid green. Please try your call again.

Put the IP address of the Obi into the DMZ to see if that helps or set up port forwarding.
What ports should I keep open on my router/firewall?
In order for your OBi to be able to send packets w/o interruption, please configure your router as follows:

Allow Outgoing:
TCP Ports: 6800, 5222, 5223
UDP Ports: 5060, 5061, 10000 to 11000, 16600 to 16998, 19305
Allow Incoming on UDP Port: 10000

giqcass

You can set the IP address of the OBi manually if all else fails.  This is kind of an advanced technique if you don't know what you are doing.
How do I configure a static IP address?
1. Disable DHCP, dial ***3, dial 1, dial 0#, dial 1 to save.
2. To enter IP address, dial *** 4, dial 1, dial IP address & #, dial 1 to save.
IP Address 192.168.1.120 would be entered as: 192*168*1*120#
3. To enter subnet mask, dial *** 0, dial 23#
4. To enter default gateway, dial *** 0, dial 22#
5. To enter a DNS Server, dial *** 0, dial 24#

ineedhelp

I tried everything you said above, but OBI is still blinking green. I've also tried 2 different cables and all of the ports on the router. What should I do?? >:(

Hollywood

Quote from: ineedhelp on January 24, 2013, 04:55:32 PM
I tried everything you said above, but OBI is still blinking green. I've also tried 2 different cables and all of the ports on the router. What should I do?? >:(

after all of this, I would take the OBI, the power adapter, a network cable, and the quick start guide; and bring it all to a friends house that has internet with a port on their router to try. When you get there, plug in the network cable, and then do the factory reset as you power up the OBI. Follow the quick start guide.

The OBI was pretty much plug and play for me and others. If it still doesn't work, maybe it's defective. At least you'll know if it does work there, you then can deal more with your home network.

good luck! :)

ineedhelp

Thank you for all your help!! I really appreciate it! :D

giqcass

Did you try setting a manual IP address?  If so it must be a legitimate value not in conflict with any other device.  The IP address above in the tutorial was only a example and most likely would not work.

I have to agree it might be time to take it to a friends house for a test.  In the average network environment the OBi is practically plug and play.

Zinn

Still looking for a solution to 9 222 222 222 >> 'no service available '

This is a new installation OBI 100

Device has solid green and on hook/off hook light is appropriate to condition.

***1 gives appropriate IP address -

access to admin screens seems to have appropriate values

IP address set to static in router -

set network address translation according to: 

Allow Incoming on UDP Port: 10000. 

ISP is Comcast.

We have tried most of this with three different routers with exactly the same effect.

We are still verifying that we have set NAT appropriately in the router.

But we are running out of ideas.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.

Rick

Quote from: Zinn on March 12, 2013, 08:22:33 PM
Still looking for a solution to 9 222 222 222 >> 'no service available '

This is a new installation OBI 100

Device has solid green and on hook/off hook light is appropriate to condition.

***1 gives appropriate IP address -

access to admin screens seems to have appropriate values

IP address set to static in router -

set network address translation according to:  

Allow Incoming on UDP Port: 10000.  

ISP is Comcast.

We have tried most of this with three different routers with exactly the same effect.

We are still verifying that we have set NAT appropriately in the router.

But we are running out of ideas.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.

Since this is your first post, "Still looking" isn't really applicable to your situation.  The OP had setup issues that most users don't have.  

I believe if you're not using OBiTalk (I'm not), and configure directly via the IP address of your OBi device, that **9 222-222-222 will result in "There is no service available" which is the message that I get.  Under Voice Service, ObiTalk Service, I have the box unchecked.

Forgetting ObiTalk - have you configured your device for GV or some other VoIP provider and attempted to test that account?