News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo 911 promotion

Started by Felix, January 22, 2013, 09:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix

I noticed that portal page for my OBi100 and 110 (but not 202) has a link for Anveo E911 Service Sign-Up. Cute... What is less cute is that when I click on the link it tells me to remove one of my providers in favor of Anveo (because Anveo wants to replace one of them)

Sleazy if you ask me...

RBBrittain

It's not really "sleazy"; it's apparently a new deal between Anveo & Obihai that makes it easier for GV users like me to add Anveo E911 without the hassle of SIP provider configuration.  Anveo apparently communicates directly with the OBiTALK portal to setup a new 911-only SIP provider; that's why it needs an open provider slot.

This product is NOT the 80c/month Anveo E911 many of you are used to; I don't think it's intended for anyone already using Anveo.  There are two plans:  $12/year for basic E911, or $15/year if you want email/SMS notification.  (Both are limited to five 911 calls per year.)  I know it's more expensive than regular Anveo, but I had been putting it off on my OBi100 because I didn't want the hassle; I figured it was worth the $15.  Worked fine; even auto-configured 933 as the test number.  (Only minor issue?  It set the server location as Montreal; I changed it to Dallas with no problem.)

Oddly enough, I got a huge side benefit thanks to the AT&T U-verse outage:  Shortly after it started for me, Anveo emailed me that my OBi had gone offline; I learned it was over when Anveo emailed me that my OBi was back online.  One of those pluses you never think about till it happens...

Ostracus

Odd limitation on the number of 911 calls. It's not like people can plan for such things.

jmsnyc

That is an odd limitation.   Seriously, I would think that Anveo would be better off allowing that 6th 911 call to go through rather than opening itself up to a potential lawsuit for being responsible for a failed 911 call.

Is there any advantage to signing up through the website and paying more versus signing up at their site for for $0.80 per month ?  I was using Sipgate but there billing system always gives me issues plus its more expensive.

RFord

Quote from: jmsnyc on March 03, 2013, 11:31:08 AM
That is an odd limitation.   Seriously, I would think that Anveo would be better off allowing that 6th 911 call to go through rather than opening itself up to a potential lawsuit for being responsible for a failed 911 call.

It is my understanding (I might be wrong here) that ALL calls will go through, but you will be charged a fee for each call over the 5th call.  I don't think they are stupid enough to deny any E911 call.  I will research this some more to confirm.

Rick

Quote from: RFord on March 05, 2013, 02:53:14 AM
Quote from: jmsnyc on March 03, 2013, 11:31:08 AM

It is my understanding (I might be wrong here) that ALL calls will go through, but you will be charged a fee for each call over the 5th call.  I don't think they are stupid enough to deny any E911 call.  I will research this some more to confirm.

Of course this has to be it.  The liability on the other option would be HUGE.

RFord

Below is the E911 Related Terms of Service taken from Anveo Site.  After reading over the pertinent section, I'm not sure where the 5 number came from.  According to their TOS, excessive is defined as anything above 2 E911 calls within a 30-day window.  See highlighted text:

4. EMERGENCY SERVICES/E911
INTERNET-ONLY 911 DIALING IS DIFFERENT THAN TRADITIONAL 911 SERVICE AND IS GENERALLY REFERRED TO AS ENHANCED 911 OR E911.

911 ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND WARNING LABELS. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANVEO'S EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES DO NOT SUPPORT 911 EMERGENCY DIALING OR OTHER EMERGENCY FUNCTIONS IN THE SAME WAY THAT TRADITIONAL WIRELINE 911 SERVICES WORK. THE DIFFERENCES ARE DETAILED IN THIS SECTION AND CUSTOMER AGREES TO NOTIFY ANY POTENTIAL USER OF THE SERVICES, WHO MAY PLACE CALLS USING CUSTOMER'S SERVICES, OF THE 911 LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN. CUSTOMER AGREES TO RESPOND AND AFFIRMATIVELY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANVEO HAS ADVISED CUSTOMER OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN COMPARISON TO TRADITIONAL 911 EMERGENCY DIALING. ANVEO ADVISES CUSTOMER TO MAINTAIN AN ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ACCESSING TRADITIONAL 911 SERVICES.

ELECTRICAL POWER. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SERVICES WILL NOT FUNCTION IN THE ABSENCE OF ELECTRICAL POWER. FOLLOWING A POWER FAILURE OR DISRUPTION YOUR 911 SERVICE MAY NOT BE RESTORED AUTOMATICALLY AND YOU MAY NEED TO RESET YOUR EQUIPMENT PRIOR TO USING THE SERVICE.

INTERNET ACCESS. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SERVICES WILL NOT FUNCTION IF THERE IS AN INTERRUPTION OF CUSTOMER'S INTERNET ACCESS SERVICE.

NON-VOICE SYSTEMS. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SERVICES ARE NOT SET UP TO FUNCTION WITH OUTDIALING SYSTEMS INCLUDING HOME SECURITY SYSTEMS, MEDICAL MONITORING EQUIPMENT, TTY EQUIPMENT, AND ENTERTAINMENT OR SATELLITE TELEVISION SYSTEMS. CUSTOMER HAS NO CLAIM AGAINST ANVEO FOR INTERRUPTION OR DISRUPTION OF SUCH SYSTEMS BY THE SERVICES.

OTHER OUTAGES AND DELAYS. SOME OUTAGES FOR ANY REASON MAY PREVENT 911 DIALING FROM FUNCTIONING. SUCH OUTAGES MAY OCCUR FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO NETWORK CONGESTION, INABILITY TO PROVISION E911 ADDRESS IN REALTIME, PROGRAMMING OR SOFTWARE ERRORS, A THIRD PARTY OUTAGE. E911 PROVIDES REDUCED SPEED IN THE ROUTING OF A 911 CALL COMPARED TO THE TRADITIONAL 911 DIALING OVER TRADITIONAL PUBLIC TELEPHONE NETWORKS.

ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE IS A MANDATORY COMPONENT OF OUTBOUND VOICE SERVICE FROM CUSTOMER'S SIP COMPATIBLE DEVICE FOR CUSTOMERS USING THE SERVICE FROM USA OR CANADA. E911 SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY WITHIN YOUR CALLING JURISDICTION. E911 SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN SELECTED AREAS WITHIN USA AND CANADA. CUSTOMERS WHO SUBSCRIBE TO ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE WILL BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER THE PHYSICAL LOCATION OF THEIR EQUIPMENT WITH ANVEO ON THE ANVEO.COM WEBSITE, AND AGREE TO UPDATE THE LOCATION WHENEVER THE PHYSICAL LOCATION OF SERVICE CHANGES. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANVEO'S ONLY MECHANISM FOR ROUTING 911 CALLS TO THE CORRECT EMERGENCY CALL TAKER IS THE PHYSICAL LOCATION CURRENTLY REGISTERED FOR THE ACCOUNT. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT ANY ENHANCED LOCATION INFORMATION PASSED TO AN EMERGENCY OPERATOR BY ANVEO WILL BE BASED UPON THE PHYSICAL LOCATION PROVIDED TO ANVEO'S CUSTOMER. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PHYSICAL LOCATION HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED OR IS NOT COMPLETE, ANVEO MAY ATTEMPT TO ROUTE A 911 CALL TO THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY CENTER.

CUSTOMERS WHO ARE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN E911 SERVICE WILL BE SUBJECT TO A MONTHLY E911 SERVICE CHARGE OF $0.8 PER E911 ADDRESS REGISTERED. THE MONTHLY E911 SERVICE FEE SHALL BE IN ADDITION TO THE APPLICABLE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN CHARGES. THE MONTHLY CHARGE FOR ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE IS ASSESSED ON A "PER E911 ADDRESS" (THAT IS, PER E911 ADDRESS REGISTERED WITH ANVEO), AND WILL BE SET AT A LEVEL THAT REIMBURSES ANVEO FOR THE DIRECT COSTS IT INCURS IN PROVIDING ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE, INCLUDING EXPENSES ANVEO INCURS, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN THE FORM OF STATE, COUNTY OR MUNICIPAL E911 SURCHARGES, E911 AUTOMATIC LOCATION INFORMATION (ALI) DATABASE STORAGE, LINE INFORMATION DATABASE AND CALLERID (LIDB/CNAM) EXPENSES, AND ANY OTHER TAXES OR SURCHARGES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROVISION OF SERVICES TO CUSTOMERS SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE. ANVEO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADJUST THE LEVEL OF CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROVISION OF E911 SERVICES TO REFLECT INCREASES OR DECREASES IN THE COSTS IT INCURS. IN CASE OF EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE $2.5 FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR EVERY 911 CALL MADE OVER THE LAST 30 DAYS. EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE IS CONSIDERED WHEN A CUSTOMER MAKES MORE THAN 2 911 CALLS DURING ANY 30 DAYS INTERVAL.

CUSTOMER ALSO ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE HAS CERTAIN CHARACTERISTICS WHICH MAKES IT DIFFERENT FROM TRADITIONAL, LEGACY, PSTN CIRCUIT-SWITCHED 911 SERVICE. THESE CHARACTERISTICS MAY MAKE ANVEO'S E911 SERVICES UNSUITABLE FOR SOME CUSTOMERS. BECAUSE CUSTOMER CIRCUMSTANCES VARY, CUSTOMERS SHOULD CAREFULLY EVALUATE THEIR REQUIREMENTS WHEN DECIDING WHETHER TO RELY UPON ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT IS CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO DETERMINE THE TECHNOLOGY OR COMBINATION OF TECHNOLOGIES BEST SUITED TO MEET CUSTOMER'S EMERGENCY CALLING NEEDS, AND TO MAKE THE NECESSARY PROVISIONS FOR ACCESS TO EMERGENCY CALLING SERVICES (SUCH AS MAINTAINING A CONVENTIONAL LANDLINE PHONE OR WIRELESS PHONE AS A BACKUP MEANS OF COMPLETING EMERGENCY CALLS). THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS DISTINGUISH ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE FROM TRADITIONAL, LEGACY, CIRCUIT-SWITCHED 911 SERVICE:

REGISTRATION OF PHYSICAL LOCATION: YOU MUST REGISTER WITH ANVEO THE PHYSICAL LOCATION WHERE YOU WILL BE USING ANVEO SERVICE. YOU MUST CONFIRM THE ACCURACY OF YOUR PHYSICAL ADDRESS VIA ANVEO.COM. IF YOUR ADDRESSES CAN NOT BE VALIDATED WE MAY RESTRIC YOUR USE OF AVEO SERVICE. YOU MUST MAKE SURE THAT THE CURRENTLY SELECTED E911 ADDRESS VIA ANVEO.COM CORRESPONDS TO YOUT PHYSICAL LOCATION. IF YOU DO NOT UPDATE YOUR LOCATION, ANY 911 CALLS YOU MAKE MAY BE ROUTED TO THE WRONG EMERGENCY CENTER AND MAY RESULT IN HELP BEING SENT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. FOR PURPOSES OF 911 DIALING, ONLY ONE ADDRESS CAN BE SELECTED AS THE CURRENT ADDRESS. ANVEO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHARGE YOU FOR PENALTIES THAT WE INCUR WHEN 911 RESPONSE PERSONNEL ARE SENT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED YOUR PHYSICAL LOCATION.

** ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE WILL NOT FUNCTION IF CUSTOMER'S ATA, PHONE OR TRUNKING GATEWAY FAILS OR IS NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY OR IF CUSTOMER'S ANVEO'S SERVICE IS NOT FUNCTIONING FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ELECTRICAL POWER OUTAGE, INTERNET SERVICE OUTAGE, OR SUSPENSION OR DISCONNECTION OF SERVICE BECAUSE OF BILLING, NEGATIVE OR ZERO ACCOUNT BALANCE OR OTHER ISSUES. IF THERE IS A POWER OUTAGE, CUSTOMER MAY BE REQUIRED TO RESET OR RECONFIGURE THE EQUIPMENT BEFORE BEING ABLE TO USE THE ANVEO SERVICE, INCLUDING FOR E911 PURPOSES. E911 REGISTERED ADDRESS AND THE AUTOMATIC NUMBER ASSIGNED MAY FAIL TO BE PASSED PROPERLY TO THE LOCAL EMERGENCY SERVICE OPERATOR.

** ANVEO'S E911 SERVICE WILL NOT FUNCTION IF CUSTOMER'S ACCOUNT BALANCE IS NEGATIVE OR ZEZO OR NO VERIFIED E911 ADDRESS PRESENT ON THE ACCOUNT.

** ANVEO DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER WHETHER, WHEN OR THE MANNER IN WHICH E911 CALLS ARE ANSWERED OR HANDLED BY ANY EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTER. WE DISCLAIM ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ABILITY OF THE EQUIPMENT TO CONNECT TO AN EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTER, THE CONDUCT OF THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTER AND THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALLING CENTER. ANVEO RELYES ON THIRD PARTIES TO PROVIDE ROUTING 911 CALLS TO EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTERS AND TO A NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALLING CENTER. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY IN THE EVENT SUCH THIRD PARTY DATA USED TO ROUTE CALLS IS INCORRECT OR YIELDS AN ERRONEOUS RESULT. YOU SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS ANVEO, ITS OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND ASSIGNS, AND ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER WHO FURNISHES SERVICES TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE EQUIPMENT OR SERVICES, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, FINES, PENALTIES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) BY, OR ON BEHALF OF, YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO THE ABSENCE, FAILURE, OR OUTAGE OF THE EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING 911 DIALING, INCORRECTLY ROUTED 911 DIALING CALLS, AND/OR THE INABILITY OF ANY USER OF THE EQUIPMENT TO BE ABLE TO USE 911 DIALING OR ACCESS EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE LIMITATIONS OF THE 911 DIALING SERVICE, YOU MUST HAVE AND USE ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ACCESSING TRADITIONAL 911 SERVICES OR DISCONTINUE USING ANVEO.

** WITH E911 SERVICE, WHEN YOU DIAL 911 OR ANOTHER EMERGENCY DIAL NUMBER CONFIGURED IN YOUR ACCOUNT, YOUR CURRENT E911 ADDRESS AND AN AUTOMATICALLY ASSIGNED E911 CALL-BACK TELEPHONE NUMBER IS TRANSMITED TO THE LOCAL EMERGENCY CENTER BASED ON YOU YOUR CURRENT E911 ADDRESS SELECTION. EMERGENCY OPERATORS HAVE ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION THEY NEED TO SEND HELP AND REACH YOU VIA A CALLBACK. THERE ARE LOCATIONS WHERE THE EMERGENCY CENTER IS NOT EQUIPPED TO RECEIVE, PROCESS, OR RETAIN TELEPHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS WILL PROVIDE LIMITED E911 ASSITANCE. PLEASE NOTE, YOU MAY RECEIVE LIMITED E911 OR NO E911 AT ALL IF YOUR SIP DEVICE IS REGISTERED FROM GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION DIFFERENT FROM CURRENTLY CONFIGURED E911 ADDRESS OR IF A THIRD PARTY FAILS TO PROPERLY DELIVER ADDRESS INFORMATION AND TELEPHONE NUMBER TO THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTER. AUTOMATICALLY ASSIGNED CALL-BACK NUMBER WILL BE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR ANVEO PHONE NUMBER. WITH LIMITED E911, THE LOCAL EMERGENCY OPERATOR ANSWERING THE CALL MAY NOT HAVE YOUR CALL-BACK NUMBER OR YOUR EXACT LOCATION, SO YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO GIVE THEM THIS INFORMATION. UNTIL YOU GIVE THE OPERATOR YOUR PHONE NUMBER, HE/SHE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CALL YOU BACK OR DISPATCH HELP IF THE CALL IS DROPPED OR DISCONNECTED, OR IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SPEAK. SOME CUSTOMERS MAY NOT HAVE ACCESS TO EITHER BASIC 911 OR E911. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO BASIC 911 OR E911, YOUR 911 CALL WILL BE SENT TO THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALL CENTER. EMERGENCY PERSONNEL DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER OR PHYSICAL LOCATION WHEN YOUR 911 CALL IS ROUTED TO THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY CALL CENTER. YOU AUTHORIZE US TO DISCLOSE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO THIRD-PARTIES INVOLVED WITH PROVIDING 911 EMERGENCY SERVICES TO YOU, INCLUDING BUT, NOT LIMITED TO, CALL ROUTERS, CALL CENTERS, AND LOCAL EMERGENCY CENTERS.

JamesB

I just signed up for Anveo e911 via Obitalk.  In addition to the terms of service that RFord cites, I received the following "Additional Terms of Use for e911 Service":

Please review them before continue

* Anveo E911 for OBi service term is 12 month from the order date.
* Anveo E911 for OBi service is activated and provisioned for the address provided only. If you move to another address you will need to order a new E911 service.
* Anveo E911 for OBi service will ONLY allow you to make up to FIVE (5) 911 calls during the service term. It is NOT unlimited 911 calling and if unlimited calling to 911 is needed then you MUST NOT use Anveo E911 for OBi service.
* Anveo E911 for OBi service will automatically assign a call back phone number for 911 call.
* Anveo E911 for OBi service order is final and there will be no refunds if you decide to cancel the service before the end of the service term.
* All regular Anveo Terms of Use apply.

I also wonder about the liability issue.  Regardless, I am of...ahem...advanced age and have called 911 from home exactly once in my entire life, so 5 times per year doesn't trouble me.  If I ever actually called 5 times, I'd first see if I couldn't continue Anveo by paying another annual fee.

Shale

Quote from: Felix on January 22, 2013, 09:23:43 AMWhat is less cute is that when I click on the link it tells me to remove one of my providers in favor of Anveo (because Anveo wants to replace one of them)

I think the OBi100 and 110 each support 2 digital providers. If the Anveo service would be a third, you would either need to use an OBi202 which supports 4, or to clear a spot on the OBi100.

doktordoktor

I am signing up for Anveo E911 via obitalk.com. obitalk.com redirects me to an anveo.com page to choose a package. In small type below the descriptions it states "No more than 5 911 calls can be placed during 1 year."

Clicking "see details" I see page http://www.anveo.com/legal.asp, which states (caps in original document) "IN CASE OF EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE $5 FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR EVERY 911 CALL MADE OVER THE LAST 30 DAYS. EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE IS CONSIDERED WHEN A CUSTOMER MAKES MORE THAN 2 911 CALLS DURING ANY 30 DAYS INTERVAL."

So there appears to be *both* a fee associated with excessive 911 call *frequency* as well as an annual cap on total 911 calls.

The final confirmation page stated the following:
"Anveo E911 for OBi service term is 12 month from the order date.
* Anveo E911 for OBi service will ONLY allow you to make up to FIVE (5) 911 calls during the service term. It is NOT unlimited 911 calling and if unlimited calling to 911 is needed then you MUST NOT use Anveo E911 for OBi service.
..."

PaulCube

The promotion seemed like a good deal but the service was out for six minutes yesterday.  I've had the device for about a month now.

Realistically, there should be redundancy if a 911 provider has downtime.  911 not being available for six minutes is a big deal, so even though the service is cheap, the downtime issue means that it is not.

"Dear Customer,
This email alert is to inform you that SIP device registration status for account XXXXXXXXXX has changed to OFFLINE."

That's the email telling me that 911 was down for six minutes yesterday (10 hours ago).  Not good Obihai either, doing business with them like this!  Gives us a false sense of security!

But then again, it seems that Google Voice was down for six minutes and Anveo was letting me know.  Buying a callcentric line should be a serious consideration since they do provide 911 services as well.

Shale

Quote from: PaulCube on September 09, 2013, 06:30:12 AM

That's the email telling me that 911 was down for six minutes yesterday (10 hours ago).  Not good Obihai either, doing business with them like this!  Gives us a false sense of security!

But then again, it seems that Google Voice was down for six minutes and Anveo was letting me know.  Buying a callcentric line should be a serious consideration since they do provide 911 services as well.

It is more likely to have been that your internet service was out for a bit.

Rick

Quote from: PaulCube on September 09, 2013, 06:30:12 AM
The promotion seemed like a good deal but the service was out for six minutes yesterday.  I've had the device for about a month now.

Realistically, there should be redundancy if a 911 provider has downtime.  911 not being available for six minutes is a big deal, so even though the service is cheap, the downtime issue means that it is not.

"Dear Customer,
This email alert is to inform you that SIP device registration status for account XXXXXXXXXX has changed to OFFLINE."

Boy are you uninformed.  OBi doesn't care who you use, nor do they do business with anyone.  Callcentric was a DISASTER during 2012 from hacking and a long outage during the October storm.  And whether GV is up or down there is no impact on your E911 service.

OBiSupport

Please note:  Anveo has raised the OBiTALK configured E911 service for OBi devices from $15 to $25 per year.

mjc_jr

Quote from: OBiSupport on April 07, 2017, 03:19:28 PM
Please note:  Anveo has raised the OBiTALK configured E911 service for OBi devices from $15 to $25 per year.

I just signed up for the Anveo E911 $25 per year plan through OBitalk. I used SP4 and after autoconfiguration Primary Line for Outgoing Calls is unchecked. My two phones are connected to SP 1 & 2,, so do I need to make any changes from the autoconfiguration for E911 to work?

GPz1100

^^I bypassed obitalk entirely when setting up 911 with callcentric.  There's several threads on here about setting up dialplan rules and routing.  In your case, probably easiest to just test it.

Looking at anveo's faq, it looks like they offer a test code - 933 - to determine if 911 is working correctly.

https://www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=faq_e911#e911.test

Dialing 933 with callcentric read out the proper address but I wanted to be fully sure.  I contacted our local dispatch's non emergency number to inquire how to fully test the service.  They advised actually placing a 911 call.  I did so, reached the same center and even the same operator. She read back the correct address and confirmed the call back number.

LAZARUS

Quote from: GPz1100 on October 25, 2017, 11:59:29 AM
^^I bypassed obitalk entirely when setting up 911 with callcentric.  There's several threads on here about setting up dialplan rules and routing.  In your case, probably easiest to just test it.

Looking at anveo's faq, it looks like they offer a test code - 933 - to determine if 911 is working correctly.

Dialing 933 with callcentric read out the proper address but I wanted to be fully sure.  I contacted our local dispatch's non emergency number to inquire how to fully test the service.  They advised actually placing a 911 call.  I did so, reached the same center and even the same operator. She read back the correct address and confirmed the call back number.

I have set up Aveo E911 utilizing my Google Voice phone number, all incoming and outgoing calls are functioning property. I called the non emergency dispatch number to verify and they had me call 911 to test my information. When 911 picked up I let them know it was not an emergency and I needed to verify my info for a new VoIP set up. My address was coming back correctly however the call back number was an unknown number to me. Does anyone know how to correct this so that if a real emergency takes place, I call 911 and get disconnected, they will know my correct number (Google Voice number) to call back?

Thanks for any help here.

SteveInWA

Quote from: LAZARUS on November 20, 2017, 11:24:15 PM

I have set up Aveo E911 utilizing my Google Voice phone number, all incoming and outgoing calls are functioning property. I called the non emergency dispatch number to verify and they had me call 911 to test my information. When 911 picked up I let them know it was not an emergency and I needed to verify my info for a new VoIP set up. My address was coming back correctly however the call back number was an unknown number to me. Does anyone know how to correct this so that if a real emergency takes place, I call 911 and get disconnected, they will know my correct number (Google Voice number) to call back?

This is working by design.  The VoIP service provider intentionally assigns a telephone number when you make 911 calls.  The number is mapped to your SIP registration for 911 service.  This is because VoIP service customers can have outbound service, just for 911, without having an inbound telephone number.  Sending this phone number enables them to call you back if the call is disconnected.  You can test it yourself by calling the number read out by the 933 test.  It should ring your OBi-attached phone.

LAZARUS

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 20, 2017, 11:56:51 PM
Quote from: LAZARUS on November 20, 2017, 11:24:15 PM
^^I bypassed obitalk entirely when setting up 911 with callcentric.  There's several threads on here about setting up dialplan rules and routing.  In your case, probably easiest to just test it.

Dialing 933 with callcentric read out the proper address but I wanted to be fully sure.  I contacted our local dispatch's non emergency number to inquire how to fully test the service.  They advised actually placing a 911 call.  I did so, reached the same center and even the same operator. She read back the correct address and confirmed the call back number.

This is working by design.  The VoIP service provider intentionally assigns a telephone number when you make 911 calls.  The number is mapped to your SIP registration for 911 service.  This is because VoIP service customers can have outbound service, just for 911, without having an inbound telephone number.  Sending this phone number enables them to call you back if the call is disconnected.  You can test it yourself by calling the number read out by the 933 test.  It should ring your OBi-attached phone.

Thank you for the reply SteveInWA. Two more questions I hope you can help me with:

1. When I call 933 it does not list any call back phone numbers, but it does correctly read me my address and does verify that audio is functioning so the 911 dispatcher can hear me. Is there a way to correct this so it does read me back the phone number? I can then call it to verify it will ring on my OBiTalk/Google Voice set up as though a 911 operator is trying to call me back?

2. I called 911 and they called the number back that was displayed when I called, it did not ring on my OBiTalk/Goggle Voice line set up. Is there anything that I can do to correct this? From these 2 problems I have identified that if a real 911 call took place from my OBitalk/Google Voice set up and the call was dropped, 911 would have my address but would NOT have a call back number that they could reach me at.

Thanks again for help on this.

SteveInWA

My post described how it works for Callcentric's E911 service provider.  I'm a little surprised that Anveo didn't work the same way, as there aren't many E911 SPs and you'd think they would follow the same standard.

You'll need to work with Anveo to understand what's going on.  It's not something specific to the OBi.