News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Bria with Obi100

Started by Xelloss, January 22, 2013, 11:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xelloss

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if there was a way to forward calls to an iPhone app like Bria? I was using Obion, but it has a tendency to stop working after the first call. I was hoping there was a way to directly connect Bria to my Obi100 or to have it forward to a service like getonsip that works with Bria.

(I also wanted to thank everyone for answering my previous question I accidently locked it while turning off notify  :-\. The password change helped! Seems Talkatone was keeping the connection to GV alive even when the app was uninstalled. I just had to wait until it tried to refresh the connection and couldn't cause of the new password)

azrobert

Get a Sip2Sip account.
Register Bria app on Sip2Sip.

Assuming you want to fork incoming calls from SP1 to Bria.
SP2 must be defined as SIP.

Change SP1 X_InboundCallRoute to:

{ph,sp2(YourSip2SipID@sip2sip.info)}

Xelloss

Thanks for that! I have it all set up on Bria. How do I make the Obi forward to it?

azrobert

Xelloss

I want to leave SP1 as Google Voice. SP2 is currently blank. I want to be able to fork incoming calls from my GV account on SP1 to the phone connected to the device and the Bria app. I currently have it setup to fork to Obion (which was relatively easy to do). How would I configure SP2 for SIP?

azrobert

I've never setup a dummy SIP trunk.

This is how ianobi does it:

QuoteRemember SP2 must be configured for SIP. If you don't have a SIP provider and SP2 is unused, the following will enable SP2 for SIP:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Also, if you want CallerID passed do this:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B ->  SIP -> Check (enable) X_SpoofCallerID

Some providers don't support CallerID spoofing.  Sip2Sip does support it.

Xelloss

This worked flawlessly!!! Thank you for the help!!!

Xelloss

One last question... I can recieve calls but can't dail out, even when calling a SIP number? Is there any way to call my Obi and dail out from there?

azrobert

Read this thread:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4647.0

IMHO do the following instead of what's recommended in the thread.

In CSipSimple do not prefix the dialed number with "**7"

Use the following SP2 X_InboundCallRoute
{(YourSip2SipID)>(xxxxxxxxxx|<aaa>xxxxxxx):sp1},{(YourSip2SipID)>(9):ph}

aaa is your local area code.
Dialing "9" will ring the OBi's phone port.
Dialed 7 or 10 digit numbers will go out SP1.

If this works you owe me a beer.  LOL

QBZappy

Quote from: azrobert on January 24, 2013, 02:40:35 PM
Some providers don't support CallerID spoofing.  Sip2Sip does support it.

azrobert,

You've been the busy beaver today.  :)

Do you know if GV CNAME will show passing the call through Sip2Sip? Similar to the Call Centric workaround for getting CNAME from GV.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

azrobert

I'm re-reading the thread and there is some confusing things in it.

This is what you have to do:

- Install CSipSimple on your cell phone.

- Register CSipSimple on your Sip2Sip account.

- In CSipSimple add a filter to:

Suffix all dialed numbers with @me.dyndns.com:5061 (if you're setup on Dyndns)
or
Suffix all dialed numbers with @xx.xx.xx.xx:5061 (WAN address of your modem)

In your router port forward port 5061 to your OBi100's LAN address.  (192.168.1.xxx)

5061 is the default SP2 port.

Also, do the stuff in my previous post.

azrobert

Quote from: QBZappy on January 24, 2013, 05:45:06 PM
azrobert,

You've been the busy beaver today.  :)

Do you know if GV CNAME will show passing the call through Sip2Sip? Similar to the Call Centric workaround for getting CNAME from GV.

I don't know the answer to that.
I never tried the CallCentric CName workaround.
I thought it would add to latency and CName is not that important to me.

Xelloss

I get what you are saying in your last post but CSipsimple is Android and I am using iOS. I checked Bria and it only allows a prefix so I wasn't about to set a filter. Is there an iOS app I can have do this? Or maybe a way to call my SIP and used the dial out codes?

azrobert

QBZappy,

I have a question for you.

Have you read my post here?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5086.0

If yes, what do you think?

It's driving me nuts that ianobi is the only person to reply.

IMHO my coding technique makes it easier to setup a config when using InboundCallRoutes to reroute calls.

You can use the same DigitMap in the InboundCallRoutes as the phone OutboundCallRoute.

Thanks

azrobert

Quote from: Xelloss on January 24, 2013, 06:20:27 PM
I get what you are saying in your last post but CSipsimple is Android and I am using iOS. I checked Bria and it only allows a prefix so I wasn't about to set a filter. Is there an iOS app I can have do this? Or maybe a way to call my SIP and used the dial out codes?

Sorry about that.  I guess I can't help you and you don't owe me a beer.

azrobert

Quote from: Xelloss on January 24, 2013, 06:20:27 PM

What you need is a softphone that can dial out WITHOUT registration.
If you find one just set it up to point directly to your OBi just like the CSipSimple example (Server = xx.xx.xx.xx:5061).

In the OBi100 SP2 inboundCallRoute check for the UserID that you used to configure your softphone.

azrobert

I looked at the Bria user manual and you can turn off registration, but it also says "Typically On, in order to use the account for calls.".  It might not let you make calls if turned off.

Xelloss

I'll check out that setting and see if it changes anything.

Also thank you so much for taking the time to help me! I'm hoping to have a SIP app setup much like Obion is. I can't really rely on Obion which is why I'm trying to figure out ways to get around using it.

Xelloss

Turning registration off simply changes the status of the account. I'm not afforded any new options so I don't know if it will help.

azrobert

Quote from: Xelloss on January 24, 2013, 07:39:51 PM
I'll check out that setting and see if it changes anything.

Also thank you so much for taking the time to help me! I'm hoping to have a SIP app setup much like Obion is. I can't really rely on Obion which is why I'm trying to figure out ways to get around using it.
Do you mean like the Android Groove IP APP that connects directly to GV?

The problem with these is either the APP or your OBi100 can receive calls, not both.

I suppose you can keep the APP off until you need to make a call.