News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simplified Dial Plan Setup

Started by Bolt, January 24, 2013, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt

Can someone help me setup an OBi110 for some simple outgoing calls?

991 - LI

Everything else through SP1

Local area code calls only.

Can dial either 555-1234, 212-555-1234, or 1-212-555-1234, and the device treats them all the same.

No **x, *** access to device settings, auto attendant, dial out via LI, etc via telephone.

I'm getting a little overwhelmed with all the characters in the setup, and can't get them all pieced together.

Thanks!

Felix

First of all, it's a great idea to start with simple dialing rules. You can always complicate things later :)
Quote from: Bolt on January 24, 2013, 05:52:25 PM
Can someone help me setup an OBi110 for some simple outgoing calls?

991 - LI

Everything else through SP1

Can dial either 555-1234, 212-555-1234, or 1-212-555-1234, and the device treats them all the same.

Do you really mean 991 or 911? I'll assume 911.
You probably don't even need to go to Expert mode. From the main screen set up SP1, mark it as Primary line. Make sure that "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" is unchecked. Enter 212 in "7-Digit Dialing for USA & CAN" field. I think that should be it. Test it make sure it works. 10-digit dialing (212-555-1234) probably won't, but 7 and 11 should work fine. If it works, come back, and get help setting up 10-digit dialing

Quote from: Bolt on January 24, 2013, 05:52:25 PM
Local area code calls only.

This contradicts what you said above. Do you want to prevent non-local calls (which is not that easy)? And what is the definition of local call, anyway? 718-xxx, 917-xxx? What about 646-xxx?

Bolt

Thanks, yes I did mean 911.  Doh, don't ask me to dial in an emergency!

This would all work, but it would do nothing to address the block on device menu/aa, dialing out on LINE with **8, etc.

This is for a phone in an employee break room, I'm trying to limit the ability of them to monkey with the device, either purposely or unknowingly.  Primary purpose of phone is to call supervisors if there are issues, emergencies, etc. 

Oh, and I'm not really in area code 212, was just using it as an example.  My area code is very large and would cover any locality descriptors.  This part of the equation is not that important, I was just trying to limit the use of this phone. 

giqcass

Maybe you should do both 911 and 991.  lol  :)  Lock AA with a pin number.

You change Star code profile to none. Then you can block * codes altogether in the outgoing dial plan under the physical interface by removing them from the dial plan.  

Someone else probably has a better way of doing this.  
Long live our new ObiLords!

Bolt

I think I about got it.

Physical Interfaces>Phone Port>

DigitMap>  ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|811|(Mpp)|(Mpli))
OutBoundCallRoute>  {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(911|811):li},{(Mpli):pli}

Tested most aspects of it and it works like I want it.  Is there any extra fluff I can take out of this?  I'm not too clear on what the Mpli:pli lingo does.

giqcass

I have been looking at it as well.  Ouch!  I have some catching up to do. lol

giqcass

The M = Digit map  and the rest says which device.
Msp1 = DigitMap for SP1
Msp2 = DigitMap for SP2
Mpli = DigitMap for Primary Line
Mpp  = DigitMap for PP (OBiTALK

http://fredshack.com/docs/obi110.html

Bolt

Okay, new issue. OBi110 connected to line and phone.  It needs to ignore calls made to line, and not send them on to the phone.  I think setting RingDelay to a large number (100000) will accomplish this, but is there a cleaner way to do it?  Setting RingFrequency and RingVoltage to 0 will also keep it from "ringing" too, but I'd just as soon have the OBi110 ignore all calls it sees come in on the line port.  The only purpose it's line port serves is to call 811 or 911.

ianobi

This should do it:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute: {}

Here's a bit more fluff removal:

Physical Interfaces>Phone Port>

DigitMap>  (911|811|(Mpli))
OutBoundCallRoute>  {(911|811):li},{(Mpli):pli}

Bolt

Thanks, that did the trick.  I tried leaving it blank, but hadn't thought of the {}

Can you help me decipher my a portion of the Mpli digit map?  

(.....<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

How is the second part different than the first?

Wouldn't anything that matches the criteria for 1xxxxxxxxxx already be approved by the <1>[2-9]xxxxxxx?

ianobi

<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx
This matches any ten digit number starting with a digit in the range 2 to 9 then prepends a "1" to that ten digit number. So you can dial a ten digit number, which gets converted into an eleven digit number starting with "1".

1xxxxxxxxxx
This matches any eleven digit number starting with a "1".

The idea behind the basic digit maps is to allow users to dial in the way they are used to - 7,10,11, digit formats - then convert those into what voip service providers want. For example, Google Voice want to only accept eleven digit numbers starting with "1" for North American numbers.

Things get a lot more interesting for those of us who do not live in North America  :)

Bolt

Okay, got it.  The <1> adds one where needed, the 1xxxxxxxxxx is taking the 1 the user dialed already. 

Why is it coded 1xxxxxxxxxx and not 1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx?

Thanks for the help, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the OBi code so I can implement it in other ways.  Just need a few clarifications to get me going.

ianobi

You are correct in that it can be more precise than 1xxxxxxxxxx

It could be  1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx see "North American Number Plan" for more details.

Sometimes you do need to be that precise to avoid conflicts in digit maps. However, if no conflicts are likely, then its good to keep digit maps as simple as possible.

Bolt

Yup, I set out to simplify things, and now I'm already over complicating them....  Thanks for your help, it's people like you that make a forum great!