News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice voicemail indication not working (Update: Fixed by new firmware)

Started by elocutionist, January 20, 2013, 07:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elocutionist

I've got an Obi202 set up with SP1 for incoming calls via Callcentric, and SP2 for outgoing calls via Google Voice, based on the very helpful information from this forum.

Incoming and outgoing calls are working as they should, but I have yet to get either VMI or MWI to work on SP2. I have MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable checked for SP2.

Here is the extract from syslog showing that something is amiss:

GTALKVM:Checking VM....
GTALKVM:state changed from 2 to 1
TCP:Connect OK(lhttpc)37
Trying to connect ssl
TC:ssl connected
LHC:Response OK
LHC:set Retrying:www.google.com
LHC:retrying...www.google.com
TCP:Connect OK(lhttpc)37
Trying to connect ssl
TC:ssl connected
LHC:status code:404
GGSVC:Invalid response:404
GTALKVM:Google login failed!
GTALKVM:state changed from 1 to 2

Any ideas as to what is preventing this from working?

Gilmour509

I'm having the same problem, although I'm not using Callcentric. I noticed after I upgraded the firmware.

elocutionist

Well that makes two of us then. I'm on firmware 3.0.1 here.

TJ30122

I'm having this same issue on Obi100 Software Version 1.3.0 (Build 2765) released on Dec 27, 2013. Have reported to Obihai Support. Will share any response I receive (but not holding my breath for anything anytime soon). 

TJ30122

Obihai Support responded within a half hour or reporting the issue and pushed a firmware update [1.3.0 (Build: 2774)] to my Obi100. The Google Voice VM MWI is now working correctly.  ;D

elocutionist

Thanks, I'll get in touch with Obihai and see where that goes.

elocutionist

Just to follow up for anyone monitoring this, the latest firmware Obihai released on Jan 23, 2013 fixed my issue.

lhm.

The upgrade to Obi FW 2774, VM now seems to require my 4 digit pin regardless of GV settings. Where it did not before. Anyone able to confirm?

Rick

Quote from: lhm. on January 26, 2013, 07:12:48 AM
The upgrade to Obi FW 2774, VM now seems to require my 4 digit pin regardless of GV settings. Where it did not before. Anyone able to confirm?

Yes, posted elsewhere.  You can program in your pin to the dialing of your voicemail.