News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 GV accounts setup help.

Started by gthai, March 27, 2011, 04:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gthai

I have 2 GV accounts; and when I setup 1 GV account on the OBI110 everything is working properly for outgoing / incoming calls; but when I setup both, only the second GV account will pick up the incoming call, the 1st GV will not pickup the call; until I removed it from the configuration, then it will received all calls as usual, outgoing calls are OKed. What is wrong?

QBZappy

gthai,

Set the profile of your second account to B. That might fix it.

SP1 (or 2)Service
X_ServProvProfile = B (must be different than the other GV profile.)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: QBZappy on March 27, 2011, 04:36:24 PMX_ServProvProfile = B (must be different than the other GV profile.)
Why is that?  I run two separate Google Voice accounts with both SP1 and SP2 using ITSPA.  ITSPB is totally unused and set to all defaults (making it SIP, if anything).

QBZappy

RonR,

I stand corrected. :-\

Edit: Reproduced RonR's setup. He's correct.  :) Well I just learned something new. Thanks RonR
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

Although you can use one profile for 2 providers, is there any advantage to doing so.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on March 27, 2011, 05:37:09 PM
Although you can use one profile for 2 providers, is there any advantage to doing so.
Less setup.  SP1 is Google Voice #1.  I frequently alternate SP2 between Google Voice #2 and a VoIP provider (mostly for testing).  I can leave ITSPA set up to Google Voice and ITSPB set up for the SIP provider, and then only minimal reconfiguration of SP2 is required to switch back and forth.

jimates

I figured it would be for less configuration. But I see the main advantage is for switching providers as you say. I only play with multiple GV accounts but glad to know this for when I start playing with other services.

Kaizer

how do i setup the 2nd GV account on sp2? should voice services/sp2 services have the same values as sp1 except sip credentials (use 2nd GV login/pass)? if so, i submit the changes/rebot. upon reboot, all the changes i made are undone and back to sp2 not setup.

RonR

Kaizer,

The configuration of a second Google Voice account on SP2 should be identical to the configuration of SP1 except for the AuthUserName and AuthPassword.

If you have Provisioning enabled on the OBi, you must do all configuration from the OBiTALK configuration facility only.  If you want to configure the OBi locally/manually, you must disable Provisioning in the OBi.

Kaizer

Kaizer

btw, with 2 GV setup, does that mean up to 4 simultaneous connections are available for my circle of trust friends to use?

RonR