News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Humble request for a "reconnect option" with Google Voice

Started by CheapPhone, January 26, 2013, 02:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheapPhone

Dear ObiHai

I have the following problem: I use the Obi202 with a wireless adapter (ObiWiFi original USB adapter). It seems that the connection breaks and the phone line dies. But, the connection to the Obi202 device, appears to be working (solid green light). However, no phone calls are possible, until I try to reset the device manually (***9 then 1 to confirm) for a few times.

My WiFi is provided by my Smartphone (mobile hotspot) and when leaving in through the night it seems in the morning the lines are dead (it could be sooner than that, have not experimented enough with this).

Could be an issue of the wireless 4G LTE that drops and comes back on (but it does not happen a lot since when I use it during the day to connect my laptop WiFi the network seems to be solid and my VPN through my work place is not re-establishing itself).

If you can provide in the firmware, an option to set the interval to re-establish network connection from time to time and/or re-establish Google Voice connection (logoff then logon) that could help a lot.

Otherwise, I do not know what to do.

Seems the problem came up after the 3.0.1 firmware update for the Obi202 (after the Google Voice changed their Voicemail process - it does not work still but that is another issue).

Thanks much in advance!

Cheap