News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I NEED HELP PLEASE. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING ON THIS FORUM FOR 911 DIRECT CALLING.

Started by AngieA, January 29, 2013, 10:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngieA

.....and nothing is working.  I've had callcentric since May 2012 at which point I tested 911 and all was fine.  

I had to call 911 two days ago and found out that May 2012 was the LAST time it worked.

Now I am trying to set this up myself via the outbound call route but keep getting errors on my obi110 device.

Here's my current default code in ITSP digitmap.  I don't know how to adjust it to add the 10 digit#.
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1815>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Here's my current outbound call route code.
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<911:1XXXXXXXXXX>):sp1},{(<#:>):ph2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Can somebody please help me.  I have kids in the house and no 911 service.  Thanks

Rick

I question if your 911 every worked properly.  Your outbound call route is setup so that when you dial 911 it calls 1-815-XXX-XXXX on SP1.  That is the number for your local Fire Department Dispatch.

If you want to use Callcentric's E911 service, then you need to sign up for it at Callcentric's site and then change your calling rules to dial 911 on the line that has Callcentric, which may not be SP1.

Rick

You're not providing enough information.

Who is your SP1 provider?  Does it work?  I expect not, because your dispatch number doesn't work.

Who is your SP2 provider?  Does it work?

Which OBi do you have?  100?  110?  202? 

Do you still have your POTS (plain old telephone service line)?

How do you want your 911 to work?  Do you want it to call 911 via your POTS line?  Do you want to utilize someone's E911 service?  Or do you want to dial 911 and have it call your dispatch center?

AngieA

Quote from: Rick on January 30, 2013, 07:27:28 AM
I question if your 911 every worked properly.  Your outbound call route is setup so that when you dial 911 it calls 1-815-XXX-XXXX on SP1.  That is the number for your local Fire Department Dispatch.

Right, so why do I get a recording that says NO SERVICE CONFIGURED ERROR?

Regarding callcentric, no, I do not want their service for reasons that I have explained.

Thanks

Rick

Please stop deleting your posts.  Ask your questions, get answers, then ask another question.

AngieA

My phone works fine.  The only thing that is not working is 911.

Who is your SP1 provider?  Does it work?  Google Voice, works fine
Who is your SP2 provider?  Does it work?  None

Which OBi do you have?  110

Do you still have your POTS (plain old telephone service line)?  No

How do you want your 911 to work? 
Do you want it to call 911 via your POTS line? 
Do you want to utilize someone's E911 service? 
Or do you want to dial 911 and have it call your dispatch center?  YOU GOT IT.

AngieA

What?  The only post I deleted was the one where I told you not to post the location of my 911 service.

Rick, you're not helping me.  Please stop trying.  You're making me mad.   >:(

Somebody else, please help.  I don't have time for this.

Thanks

Rick

ianobi

AngieA,

Rick is asking all the correct questions to help you. Please remember anyone here is a volunteer, we do not work for Obihai.

Things do look odd here. This:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<911:1XXXXXXXXXX>):sp1},{(<#:>):ph2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

mostly belongs in an OBi202, not an OBi110. Please confirm that you do indeed have an OBi110.

Show us the following:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> PrimaryLine
Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap
Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap

It looks from your setup you wish to direct 911 to your PSTN provider on your Line Port. Is this correct?

Meanwhile, if you have a cell phone, then that can be used for 911 until this is sorted.

AngieA

I'm sorry Rick.  I am very frustrated here as you can tell.

Ianobi,

No wonder my code is not working if that's code for anything other than my obi110.
I got that coding from this forum but didn't know it was for an obi202.

I've got to step away from the computer, will respond upon return.

Thanks

MurrayB

I believe it was indicated that there is no PStN service.

"Do you still have your POTS (plain old telephone service line)?  No"

ianobi

Thanks, MurrayB. I should have read that more carefully.

Options for 911 seem to be running out!

Rick

That's why she's getting the message she is getting.  She is either dialing 911 via the non-existent POTS line, or via SP2 which is no longer there.

She had Callcentric, it supposedly worked, then she either cancelled her POTS line or her Callcentric line or both and now she gets the no service message.

I suspect she hasn't realized yet that dialing her dispatch center won't provide location information to the dispatcher, so if she needs this for her kids, she's probably proceeding down the wrong path. 

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: ianobi on January 30, 2013, 09:29:35 AM
Options for 911 seem to be running out!
CallCentric seemed to be one possibility, but in rereading things CC is not being used anymore:
1. "....I've had callcentric since May 2012 at which point I tested 911 and all was fine. "
2. "Who is your SP2 provider?  Does it work?  None"

AngieA

Ianobi, please see below my answers.  Thanks

Show us the following:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> PrimaryLine
PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1815>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

It looks from your setup you wish to direct 911 to your PSTN provider on your Line Port. Is this correct?
Yes.

ianobi

Here's what I suggest:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

All the above is default for an OBi110 and sends 911 direct to the Line Port with no processing needed from any DigitMap.

For Google Voice:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)
Replace aaa with your your local code.

PSTN:
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)
Replace aaa with your your local code.

With the above settings all calls will go out via PSTN unless you dial **1 first to send them via GV.

If you wish to use GV as the Primary Line, then change to:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: SP1 Service
Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

If you do this, then all calls go out via GV unless you dial **8 to send them to the PSTN.

With this setup, whatever you choose as PrimaryLine, 911 will go out to PSTN via Line Port with no ** codes required.

Of course, you will need a PSTN telco to make this work.

azrobert

I don't think Angie has a PSTN line.  I believe she wants to call an 11 digit number out SP1 when 911 is dialed.

Angie, If I'm correct then do:

Change Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> PrimaryLine = SP1

Add to the beginning of your Phone OutboundCallRoute:
{(<911:1815123456>):sp1},

AngieA

So azrobert, instead of using the default code below that is currently in the outboundcallroute:

I would change it to:
{(<911:1815123456>):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

So all the code below is deleted:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1))

Is that right?

azrobert

NO.  Don't delete anything.

Phone OutboundCallRoute should look like this:
{(<911:1815123456>):sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I believe the problem with your original configuration was your Phone Primary Line was set to PSTN.
If you had it set to SP1 it would have worked.  If you want an explanation, just ask.

Edit:
I see why you're asking to delete rules.
The processing goes left to right, so the 2nd test for 911 is irrelevant.

AngieA

Ok, I see.  I don't know why I translated (add the code to the beginning) to mean I'd have to delete some code.

Ok, so I've done what you've said, hit submit, I called 911 (they are expecting my call), and still I get NO SERVICE CONFIGURED ERROR.

Should I try a reset of the obi?