News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi behind Sophos UTM not working

Started by Rinchen, February 05, 2013, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rinchen

Hi,

Ever since I updated to 3.0.1 (Build: 3722) the obitalk portal has not been updating. It shows my unit as offline (but it's not and I can still make calls) and in need of a firmware update.

I've gone through all the firewall logs and nothing is being blocked (not that anything has changed either).

I've done a network reset on the unit but that didn't help.

Joey

Rinchen

ps. I don't know if this is normal or not because I've never paid attention to it before:

Status   Backing Off;ex-addr=10.10.10.147:10000

that's obviously my internal address not a public ip.

The provisioning line is:
SYNC -A=aes -K=$SPRM0 -IV=$SPRM1 http://prov.obitalk.com/obhsnprov/profiles/9cadef200d2f-8c8b8711576a.cfg; IF ( $TPRM0 != 1 ) -T=TPRM1 https://prov.obitalk.com/obhsnprov/init/initkey; IF ( $TPRM0 == 1 ) -T=TPRM1 http://prov.obitalk.com/obhsnprov/sync/sync-$SPRM2

QBZappy

Rinchen,

If you have tried everything else, the last resort is to delete the device from the portal and start over. In the past this has fixed things.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Rinchen

Thanks. Right as you were posting I was thinking, gosh, my 110 works...  Turns out it's on my old static IP run which bypasses the firewall. I hooked up the 202 to that line and it registered immediately. Looks like I'll have to see about DMZ'ing the 202 internally.

Rinchen

This is a real puzzler. Both the 202 and Obion appear to be affected behind the Sophos UTM.  There are zero logs with the IP addresses in them. I've turned whole subsystems off.  I've gone so far as doing a 1:1 NAT for the protocols and that didn't work either.

QBZappy

Can you completely disable the Sophos UTM to confirm that it is not interfering?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Rinchen

Not software-wise. I have to put the 202 on a different ethernet loop and on that it does work.

Not working:

202 -> desk switch -> intranet switch -> sophos -> modem switch -> modem
ObiOn -> AP -> intranet switch -> sophos -> modem switch -> modem

Working:

202 -> floor switch -> modem switch -> modem
ObiOn - as above except with VPN turned on which creates a tunnel through my local network

Because I can't find any logs about what's happening it's hard to troubleshoot.

QBZappy

Quote from: Rinchen on February 05, 2013, 12:06:23 PM
Working:

202 -> floor switch -> modem switch -> modem
ObiOn - as above except with VPN turned on which creates a tunnel through my local network

Because I can't find any logs about what's happening it's hard to troubleshoot.

Seems you fixed it using this topology. Any reason why it can not stay that path?

Rinchen

Yes, the 202 is somewhere that doesn't have access to the ethernet loop that bypasses Sophos. Also the Obion client would still be broken. The wifi adapter for the 202 won't help because wifi is also behind Sophos.

I've opened up a forum post over at Sophos to see if they can help.

QBZappy

Rinchen

After a lot of help from Barry over at the Sophos forums, the answer is quite simple. Replace the DNS setting with the one specified in the Obi FAQ and it works WITHOUT any generic proxy (port forwarding) or DNAT/SNAT entries.