News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No service/dropped calls

Started by GummyBear, March 28, 2011, 05:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GummyBear

so i have the obihai 110 and im using GV. when i call people, i often cannot hear them after 1 minute, sometimes when people call me, the call doesnt go through... sometimes when i try to use the phone, it says i have no service. i followed the instructions on the obihai website perfectly... im not sure what's wrong. i have a yahoo email, does that matter? i was skimming some posts and it seems that might cause problems... its like my service is on and off...

RonR

Some routers are not VoIP friendly.  If possible, temporarily connect the OBi directly to your Cable/DSL modem and see if the OBi behaves better.  With both units turned off, power up the modem first and give it a chance to stabilize.  Then power on the OBi and make a few test calls.  If everything works properly, then your router is a suspect.

jimates

Quote from: GummyBear on March 28, 2011, 05:23:04 PM
so i have the obihai 110 and im using GV. when i call people, i often cannot hear them after 1 minute, sometimes when people call me, the call doesnt go through... sometimes when i try to use the phone, it says i have no service. i followed the instructions on the obihai website perfectly... im not sure what's wrong. i have a yahoo email, does that matter? i was skimming some posts and it seems that might cause problems... its like my service is on and off...

Not that it may make any difference on the dropped calls but to address your statement of the yahoo email.

Google doesn't support yahoo as a domain for google mail. Google voice supports any domain as a log in.

Do you have a gmail account? If you have a google account and use the @yahoo as a secondary login, you need to set up your Obi using your primary login, or the @gmail.com user id.

GummyBear

im going to test out my router... today im able to talk on the phone for about 15-18 minutes before it just hangs up... if it was my router, wouldnt it not allow me to talk at all? i have a belkin F6D42304 router... has this router been known to cause problems? i had a previous voip service and it was perfectly fine...