News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA Setup with auto dial or PIN (to access SIP), is this possible?

Started by imbilly, February 05, 2013, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imbilly

I was looking to purchase Obi110 and I was wondering if it is possible to set it up this way:

Line Port from PSTN.

If PSTN rings, Obi answers with AA

Option A) Off-Hook Phone 1, automatically dial an extension (attached to PABX, which Obi should dial the fax machine's Extension)
Option B) Ask for a PIN, if successful, access SIP account (2 stage dialing)

Is this possible?

Felix

I don't think OBi110 supports fax... OBi202 does, but obviously, no PSTN...

Option B is almost trivial.

If I am wrong and fax is supported, you somehow need to configure OBi to "decide" between options A and B (e.g, by caller ID).

Ad I assume that both fax machine and OBi are connected to the same PBX as extensions. Is it fax server? fax machine behind another adapter? IP fax?

imbilly

fax will only come through the PSTN line, so it shouldnt be a problem as the Obi110 just needs to connect an extension to the PSTN connected to the Obi110.

Quoteyou somehow need to configure OBi to "decide" between options A and B (e.g, by caller ID).
Caller ID isnt supported in that line, and I need the caller to decide (thats why I needed the auto attendant).

Both fax and Obi are connected to the PBX as extensions. Its just a fax machine behind the pbx.