News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing from the PC

Started by FastTalkingJoe, February 06, 2013, 12:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastTalkingJoe

I have installed my new OBi100 with Google Voice and it works like a charm. I have one question: is it possible to dial from the PC, i.e. somehow dial in google voice (using my address book there) or in the OBI webpage and then pick up the call from the handset that is plugged into the OBi Box?
Sorry if this is an obvious question, I looked for an answer, but couldn't find one. I'm so used to just dialing with a click in google voice that it's annoying now having to punch in numbers into my handset.
Thanks for the help.
Joe

Rick

Go to Google Voice and do it the way it always was done.  Nothing different just because you have an OBi in the mix.  You tell it to ring your Home/OBi/Google Voice number, and the handset rings.

QBZappy

Quote from: Rick on February 06, 2013, 12:38:07 PM
You tell it to ring your Home/OBi/Google Voice number, and the handset rings.

To be more specific, this should ring the phone attached to the OBi: (https://www.google.com/voice#contacts)
Phone to call with = Google Talk (optional/Remember my choice)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

FastTalkingJoe