News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant Set-up

Started by JeanObiUser, February 02, 2013, 12:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanObiUser

I have a problem I haven't be able to figure out for several months now. I have an Obi overseas in Jamaica at my parents house so we can communicate freely.
It has a local telephone company setup on on the phone port (line1) and google voice set up on the ethernet port (sp1). When calls a pre-pended with the number 1 they'll go though the sp1 line and when not go through the local line.

My problem is on the receiving end. I want to set up the auto attendant to pick up when my parents call with a local cell phone, so that their call can be directed through the AA to use the google voice service to call the US. The problem I am finding is that none of the calls coming in on the line port (Jamaican calls) are showing any caller id information in the call history section of the Obi portal. the peer number field are always empty and so when I put for example:

{(x.5145551212|x.5145551213|x.5145551214):aa},{ph}

in Physical Interfaces>LINE port>InboundCallRoute the AA does not pick up. The reason this is strange is because the caller id information for these same calls show up on the phone's screen just not in the Obi call history. Someone before had suggested that I may need to set the OBi for a different caller ID standard. I'm sure how to do this or if this could be the problem. I have already confirmed with the local phone company that the phone service has caller id enabled. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just for addition information, the peer number DO show up in the call history for calls coming in the through google voice (sp1).

azrobert

What do you have set for RingDelay on the line port?

On the line port the CallerID is sent between the first and second ring.
RingDelay is a delay in milliseconds so the OBi can receive the CallerID before the InboundCallRoute begins processing. If set too low the InboundCallRoute will not see the CallerID.

I had mine set at 2400, but after a software update it stopped working. I now have it set at 3000. I read that with a high RingDelay the OBi will start the InboundCallRoute processing as soon as it receives the CallerID. I have not verified this.

QBZappy

This might work:

Physical Interfaces
    PHONE Port
    LINE Port->RingDelay = increment up the default value (4000) to see if the CID shows up.

I don't know what the CID std they use in Jamaica. You may also try making changes here if the default value is not appropriate for that region.
Port Settings->CallerIDDetectMethod = ?

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

JeanObiUser

You're both geniuses. Thanks so much. Such simple solution to something that has been plaguing me for so long. I increased the RingDelay to 3000 and it started picking up the CID. I didn't mess with the CalerIDDetectMethod at all.

However, there is still some strange behavior. The AA answers, and I select option 2 (to call a new number), but then the moment I dial 1 (as in 1201-xxx-xxxx) when calling the US number, the house phone which the obi is connected to starts to ring and continues to ring while ring the number I am calling. It even continues ringing for about a minute or two after the person on the other end picks up.

The second strange thing is if I terminate the number with the # as instructed by the AA as in (1201-xxx-xxxx #), I can here the ringing in the receiver, but the actual phone I am calling does NOT ring at all. If I completely disregard the # and just dial 1201-xxx-xxxx without terminating with the #, the phone I am calling DOES ring and the person I am calling can pick up. But as I said before the phone the Obi is connected to continues ringing while I am talking to them for another minute or two before stopping.

I'm not sure what the problem is but I thought the normal behavior was 1) to only hear ringing in the receiver after I completed dailing  "1201-xxx-xxxx and #"      2) for the phone the Obi is connected to not to ring while calling this outgoing number, and in addition not to continue ring even once the recipient as answered.

Do you have any suggestions?

ianobi

That is strange behaviour! Two things might help to find the problem:

1. Can you access the OBi web page (dial ***1 for ip address), then look in Status > Call History. This should show what you dialled and what went out from the aa.

2. Arrange for a number that calls in via GV (maybe your cell phone) to be picked up by aa. Then see if aa behaves normally from calls coming in via GV on sp1.

If test 2 works ok, then the problem is only from calls via the Line Port. This could indicate that the OBi is not receiving digits correctly.

Also can you post what the following are set to:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine
Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine

azrobert

Some people have fixed strange behavior by doing a factory reset.
Do a config backup before the reset.
Backup and restore are found under Sys Management/Device Update.
I use OBi Version backups.
Passwords are not included in backups, so you will have to re-enter them after the restore.

Edit:

Are you at the current software level on your OBi?
If not I would try updating the software first.