News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Just installed my first obi device obi202 have questions....Help

Started by Hoosier, February 07, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosier

Just got my obi202 today and setup seemed easy. However for some reason my phone will not pick up voicemail. voicemail goes to my google voice inbox instead? If i even turn my phone mailbox on it still goes to the google voice inbox and the when i pick up phone i get three beeps like i have voicemail and the only way i have been able to stop the beeps is go back into the dasdhboard and edit my phone settings and click submit to get it to stop. I tried unchecking google chat in my phone settings then it just went straight to voice mail on incoming call. This is my first obi and i kinda lost.

QBZappy

Hoosier,

Welcome.

It's a race to see which device is going to pick up the VM. If you intend the phone to take the VM then you need to set it under 25 sec (4 rings?). Call yourself and count how many rings it takes before GV takes it to VM. Then setup your phone to intercept it before GV.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Hoosier

I finally figured out i need to call my own number and retrieve the voicemail first the the stutter beeps will stop. I have it set for 6 rings so my wife will have time to get the phone before it goes to voicemail. I will try setting it to 4 and see if it goes to the phone instead of GV. However if my wife needs it set for 6 i will do that as long as i can call my own number and get the voicemail and stop the beeps. Thanks QBZappy.

Hoosier

Setting the phone to 4 rings let the voicemail go to the phone. now that i have that working how do i set set up line 2 with a different number? i only setup line 1 in the beginning and unchecked the line 2 boxes. now i need to set up my second google number to line 2 and also would like to add anveo for 911 calls for line one??? i have a 2 line phone.

QBZappy

If you set up on GV acct, then the second one is set up the same way. The Anveo is a sip account, therefore without going into specifics, you will need to configure it as such.

Two things to note:
1) generally speaking, each SP should be setup with a different Profile A/B/C/D. This has confused a few people.
2) each acct should be selected as either GV or sip

Other than that, you should be able to figure out the rest.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Hoosier

ok got line 2 working however the ringtone is different, may be my phone causing that? now what do i do to set set anveo for 911 calls just to line 1?
Thanks for your help QBZappy.

MikeHObi

Quote from: Hoosier on February 08, 2013, 09:12:08 AM
ok got line 2 working however the ringtone is different, may be my phone causing that? now what do i do to set set anveo for 911 calls just to line 1?
Thanks for your help QBZappy.

Why would you want emergency calls to only be routed if you have picked up line 1 and dial 911?  If you dial 911 on line 2 you just want to be out of luck?

Each line in the obi by default gets a different ringer behavior.  Ring 1 is usually on sp1, ring 2 on sp2 (X_DefaultRing) based on the Ring Profile (X_RingProfile) typically "A".

With a 202, you setup Anveo on SP3 and check the box to "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls".  By default all configured SP channels will be set to use SP3 for 911.  You must configure Anveo to have E911 active on your account.

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Hoosier

MikeHObi, sorry did not mean to sound as if i wanted line one only to dial E911. I just assumed you would have to setup an Anveo account for each line. Its good to know that one Anveo account will work with both lines.
Can you change the ring tones? Can sp3 or sp4 be set to use with line 2 rather than sp2? Not that that i would do that bur just curious. I assume sp3 and sp4 have different ring tones then sp1 or sp2? Thanks

Rick

Every line here a different ring tone.  Go into setup and you can change any of them.

MikeHObi

Quote from: Hoosier on February 08, 2013, 05:32:59 PM
Can you change the ring tones? Can sp3 or sp4 be set to use with line 2 rather than sp2? Not that that i would do that bur just curious. I assume sp3 and sp4 have different ring tones then sp1 or sp2? Thanks

All services can have different ring patterns assigned to them, as well as all services could have the same ring pattern assigned to them.  It is configurable in the expert config on obi-talk or through the local webpage on the obi.

Hoosier

How do you change the ring tone in the expert config and what is the local web page? How many ring tones does it have? Also is there anyway to make it more secure from anyone hacking in or is it already have that security built in?

MikeHObi

Quote from: Hoosier on February 10, 2013, 09:36:53 AM
How do you change the ring tone in the expert config and what is the local web page? How many ring tones does it have? Also is there anyway to make it more secure from anyone hacking in or is it already have that security built in?
Hacking ring tones or the obi itself?

By default the obi doesn't expose it's web server to the internet.

You should read the admin guide available here: http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm

ring profiles can be assigned to different internal SP channels from Obi Expert config, Voice Service, SPx where x indicates 1 through 4.  In there is X_RingProfile and X_DefaultRing.  X_RingProfile chooses a ring profile, and X_DefaultRing picks the default ring from the profile.

from Obi Expert Config, Ring Settings, Ring Profile A or Ring Profile B both have Ring Pattern 1 through 10 that you can customize as you wish.  Note to be careful when playing with that as you need to leave enough time between the 1st and 2nd ring for CID data to get parsed.

The admin guide goes through configurations of the ring patterns.

Hoosier

Everything seems to be doing ok except when i am on the phone and get an incoming call the incoming call does ring only shows cid of incoming call? If i have my back to the phone then i dont know i have an incoming call? Is this normal or is there a fix? Thanks.

Felix

My phone doesn't ring (not sure if I wanted it to ring when it is next to my ear), but it certainly beeps or chirps, depending on the phone model. So, I think it's the feature of the phone how it notifies you of the second line.

Obviously, on OBi202 with default setup (where incoming call rings both phones), the other phone rings - so know that somebody is calling even if there were no notification at all.

Hoosier

Thanks for the replys. Looks like everything is working okay as of now. However i made a mistake and put the obi202 on the google account i want to use for email. How can i change it to another account? My second number is fine. I know i can switch my google number to a different account but if i do that how would i re configure the obi202 or will it still work since i will be using the same number only on a different account. Thanks

Rick

Quote from: Hoosier on February 25, 2013, 05:37:32 PM
Thanks for the replys. Looks like everything is working okay as of now. However i made a mistake and put the obi202 on the google account i want to use for email. How can i change it to another account? My second number is fine. I know i can switch my google number to a different account but if i do that how would i re configure the obi202 or will it still work since i will be using the same number only on a different account. Thanks

The OBi doesn't know your GV number, all you given it is your account signin info.  Just change that info to your new account.

Hoosier

I came across a new issue last night. i had my wifes computer connected to the router port on the obi202 since all my main router ports are used and she went to print a page and it would not find the printer. I unplugged one of the main router ports and plugged her computer into it and all worked good and she was able to print. Why will her computer not see the printer when its plugged into the obi202 router port? 

Rick

Quote from: Hoosier on February 26, 2013, 10:13:30 AM
I came across a new issue last night. i had my wifes computer connected to the router port on the obi202 since all my main router ports are used and she went to print a page and it would not find the printer. I unplugged one of the main router ports and plugged her computer into it and all worked good and she was able to print. Why will her computer not see the printer when its plugged into the obi202 router port? 

I would suspect that the OBi202 is getting internet access from the main router, but is NOT part of the home network - which is why the printer is not accessible.  I don't use the 202, but if it's assigning addresses via DHCP that would be the issue.  Disable that, which then makes it a switch, and your wife should be able to print.

Hoosier

You are correct. my obi202 is connected to my router. How to i do the disable? Sorry for so many questions but having trouble knowing how to do all this.

Felix

go to administration page on the device (not on Obihai portal). Navigate to Router Configuration - LAN Settings. Switch OperationMode to bridge. Now your wife's computer will get IP address from the router; not from OBi202. That way it will be able to connected to other devices on the same segment.

For more info (as crappy as it is) search OBi Admin guide for "switch" or "OperationMode"