News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 setup question

Started by allmyphones, February 11, 2013, 06:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allmyphones

Hi - I'm considering OBi202 to work with 3 Google Voice accounts and one other SIP account (tbd; fax and 911) and was wondering if the following setup would work.

For Line 1 - Port 2 cell numbers to Google Voice and have them ring line 1 of the OBI202.
- Each should have a distinctive ring.
- I should be able to make calls from each of these lines separately so the right caller ID appears on the other side.

Will this work?  What happens if one of the lines is being used and the other line rings? Is there a way to identify the number being used through the caller ID(other than the ring)?  Can the OBI be made to not ring if the mobile phone that support the number is not within wifi range?

For Line 2 - Port the home number to Google Voice;  In addition get a number from a SIP provider that supports 911 calls/fax.  Pay the least amount possible for the second number.
- Same as above;   Both these numbers should ring the second line (distinctive rings)
- When I dial out, the receiver should be able to see the number the call is coming from.  This is especially important for this line since the second line is needed for emergency calls/fax.
- Can this line output be split to permanently connect to the fax and to a handset so I'm using the GV number for calls and the fax machine for faxes/E911 calls.  I don't expect inbound calls and minimal inbound faxes.

Wondering if the above setup will work with OBI202?  Appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks!

Rick

Please don't post the same question multiple times in different locations on the forum.  It just makes the work of the volunteers that answer them that much harder.

You asked your question yesterday, and as of now 28 people have looked at it.  Also, if you use the Search function you'll perhaps find most of what you're looking for.