News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Google Voice -> Asterisk -> Handset?

Started by tanders12, February 13, 2013, 10:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanders12

First off I'd like to thank Ad_Hominem and MichiganTelephone for the excellent guides and posts they have made so far which were very helpful getting me up and running.

Now, I'm trying to configure my system so that when I receive a call on SP1 (currently Google Voice), it gets routed through SP2 (Asterisk), and Asterisk does some processing (IVR, MOH, etc). This currently works, however, I would like to have the option in the IVR for the caller to be connected to the handset plugged into the Obi110. I'm trying to figure out if this is possible and if so how it would be accomplished. I tried having Asterisk SIP dial the Obi110 but it said all lines busy, I'm assuming because SP1 and SP2 are currently in use: SP1 connected to GV and SP2 connected to Asterisk. Any ideas?

Thanks

QBZappy

tanders12,

Welcome,

Perhaps a different approach would work. Since the GV call hitting the OBi has no direct value to the caller because you want it going to the PBX. Then consider this call path by setting the GV as a Trunk on the PBX. You can use Simon Telephonics ( https://simonics.com/ ) to connect GV via sip credentials. The OBi can hang off the PBX as an extension. Before the call hits the OBi you can process the call any way you want using the PBX features.:

GV->PBX->OBi
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

tanders12

QB,

Thanks for the reply. You have quickly brought us to my true goal. I avoided mentioning this in my original post to reduce the complexity of my question. Eventually I need this to work like this:

PSTN -> Obi110 -> Asterisk -> Obi110 -> Analog Phone

I'm just using GV to test because I don't currently have a PSTN to test on. I figure if I can make this work with GV it will work with PSTN. Now I realized that in this case I could do:

PSTN -> SP1 -> Asterisk -> SP2 -> Analog Phone

But I'm trying to find out if there's a way to do 2 connections between asterisk and SP1 or SP2; one from Obi to Asterisk, the other from Asterisk back to Obi.

Did I explain that in a way that makes sense?

QBZappy

Quote from: tanders12 on February 13, 2013, 11:31:09 AM
PSTN -> Obi110 -> Asterisk -> Obi110 -> Analog Phone

You may not realize that the OBi110 can be set up as a trunk, implying that the call path that I suggested can be used to create your use case.
PSTN -> Obi110 (Asterisk Trunk) -> Asterisk -> Obi110 (extension) -> Analog Phone

Here is our friend Mango explaining how he set it up.
Using an OBi ATA as an FXO port or Google Voice trunk for Asterisk or your IP Phone
http://www.toao.net/504-using-an-obi-ata-as-an-fxo-port-or-google-voice-trunk-for-asterisk-or-your-ip-phone

You can also search out Michigan Telephone How to on this topic (and others).
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

tanders12

But is there no way to do this with GV instead of PSTN? ie can you have 2 simultaneous calls on SP1 at the same time?

QBZappy

tanders12,

1) You could test using a 2nd ATA plugged into the OBi110 to take the place of the PSTN line.

2) The OBi110 can only handle one call at a time on the phone port. However since GV offers 2 voice channels per trunk (tel number), I think you can get a call waiting tone on the 2nd call. Try it and let us know.

tanders12

I don't mean 2 calls on the phone port. I mean a call comes in on SP1 (GV), I reroute to Asterisk on SP2, handle the call with AA/IVR/etc, but then if the caller chooses to connect to the handset is there any way to do it?

How does call waiting work (it's been years since I used it)?

zapattack

xboxhaxorz

i too am on this step, i have configured it so it goes to my ivr but then if they press 704 to speak to somebody it never happens since i dont know how to configure that part

azrobert

The OBi default is 2 sessions on SPn, so it looks like you are OK with the default. You still might want to increase that number.
Voice Services -> SPn Service -> MaxSessions: 4

Therefore, the following should work:
PSTN -> SP2 -> Asterisk -> SP2 -> Analog Phone

To test you have to do this:
GV -> SP2 -> Asterisk -> SP2 -> Analog Phone

You can only use a SIP to communicate with Asterisk, so you can't use SP1 (GV).

If SP2 is not configured, setup a dummy SIP definition like this:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

I'm a total Asterisk novice and never used the IVR, but I setup an extension to be able to call my OBi110.
My extension 100 would dial "110" to ring OBi110 phone.

Here is my config to call/receive to/from extension.

My OBi trunk definition:
type=friend
username=robert
host=192.168.1.100         (addr and port of OBi)
port=5061
fromuser=robert
canreinvite=no
insecure=invite,port
qualify=yes
nat=yes

In my OBi110
To route GV inbound calls to Asterisk extension 100
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
sp2(100@192.168.1.120:5062)}            (addr and port of Asterisk)

To call OBi Phone
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
{robert>(110):ph}