News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PreSales questions

Started by neftv, March 29, 2011, 08:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neftv

1)
I see that the spec for REN is 3 on Obi100/110.
I added up my REN numbers that I saw on the phones and it came to a total of 3.7.  I don't know what my VIP622 Dish network is and I don't know what my fax/printer machine is as per http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/18972-238444-410635-12019-f57-351105-351107-351108.html.
Presently I am using a Zoom 5801 ATA and that can handle up to 5 REN I believe.   I was thinking of having a Obi100 back up to my 5801 but I think I would be pushing the device?

2)
I wanted clarification.  On this.
"The OBi110 can be configure with up to two (2) VoIP services. You can make one of these service the Primary line which will be used to call numbers when dialed from the PHONE port of the OBi110. If you want to use the second VoIP service for the call you can dial **2 before you dial the destination number of you can set the Outbound Call Routing of the OBi110 PHONE port to use either one or the other VoIP service depending on the number you call.'
I have Voip provider A (for domestic and 911 calling)   and Voip provider B For (international calling).    Since Voip Provider A is my main provider I would not need to do anything special dialing out my 10 digit numbers for domestic calls, however can I have an outbound routing rule so that whenever the 011 is seen it goes out Voip provider B?  

RonR

Quote from: neftv on March 29, 2011, 08:23:10 PM
Since Voip Provider A is my main provider I would not need to do anything special dialing out my 10 digit numbers for domestic calls, however can I have an outbound routing rule so that whenever the 011 is seen it goes out Voip provider B?  
Yes, it's a trivial change.

Default ITSPA DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Modified ITSPA DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

By default, 911 goes out the LINE Port.  Making 911 go out SP1 instead is also a minor change.

Default PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Modified PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp1},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

neftv

Thanks Ron for that information.
Before I buy ...any suggestions on the rated REN number and amount of load that I potentially have?

RonR

I'd just try it.  If your REN load is too high and one or more devices doesn't ring properly, you may have to remove something.  If I were a gambler, I'd bet you won't have any problems.

neftv

Alright I gonna give it a try.  Thanks.

dvijen

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2011, 09:58:37 PM
Quote from: neftv on March 29, 2011, 08:23:10 PM
Since Voip Provider A is my main provider I would not need to do anything special dialing out my 10 digit numbers for domestic calls, however can I have an outbound routing rule so that whenever the 011 is seen it goes out Voip provider B?  
Yes, it's a trivial change.

Default ITSPA DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Modified ITSPA DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

RonR, can you explain how this change in ITSPA would route calls with 011xxx to sp2?
Thanks
dvijen

RonR

PrimaryLine = SP1

SP1 is using ITSPA.

Therefore, (Mpli) refers to the ITSPA DigitMap.

When 011xx. is dialed, the DigitMap Processor evaluates the PHONE Port DigitMap.  The only match will be the 011xx. rule in the ITSPA DigitMap via the (Mpli) reference.  The value returned by the DigitMap Processor will be the number dialed with **2 prepended.

Then the OutboundCallRoute will be evaluated using the number returned by theDigitMap Processor.  The first matching rule will be {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2}, sending the call to SP2 after first removing the **2.

dvijen