News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voip.ms ringer configuration wrong??

Started by taxidriver, February 15, 2013, 08:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxidriver

Hi,

I wanted to give you a heads up that the default configuration for voip.ms might be wrong. Either that or I'm screwing something up.

I have 2 different DID through voip.ms. I installed the Obi202 and assigned the first account to SP1 and line 1. When I assigned the second account to SP2 (line 2), the incoming ringing was short-short-break-short-short instead of the NA standard of the long-break-long. This was making my analog answering machine answer on the 2nd ring instead of fourth. [The family prefers the in-house answering machine instead of VM.] This problem occurred even when I plugged the answering machine directly to the Obi202.

I checked the expert settings--voice service and found that X_ServProvProfile, X_RingProfile and X_CodecProfile all said "B" for SP2 and "A" for SP1. The admin manual says "B" is for Australia.

I made it work by changing the x_ringProfile to "A" and X_DefaultRing to "5" .

I don't know if this is a configuration issue with the voip.ms defaults or if somehow I messed things up. Just to check, I deleted the SP2 settings on the dashboard and reinstalled. The errant settings remained. I hope this is helpful to anyone else who might be struggling.

sreknob

Incredible - this was driving me crazy, changing the X_RingProfile to "A" fixed it up. In my case the provider set on this port was actually freephoneline.ca but I was still defaulted to profile B. Thanks for the post!

superbigjay

Thanks a lot for sharing that info.
I was trying to figure where to change that setting too.