News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Deleting Voice Mails

Started by mellaby, February 18, 2013, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mellaby

I have my Obi configured with my Google voice number. When I dial in to check voice mails there is no option to delete them. I can do it from my Google email account. Is there any way to delete them from my phone?

Rick

Pushing "7" archives the message.  There is no delete option except via your account.  If you don't listen to the entire message, it won't be marked "read". 

mellaby

Pushing 7 does not clear voice mail messages on the phone. So deleting the messages from my Google Mail account is they only way to clear the phone?

CoalMinerRetired

"7" archives the message you just listened to.  Do a test and watch it go from Inbox to Archived.

If the VM indicator is not clearing, I'll guess you have unread VMs in another GV folder, spam (maybe you marked an unread one as Spam?), or maybe in the archive folder. Search for Unread Archive Spam on here and you'll see some discussions.

mellaby

Thanks Coal, I'll try it and report back.

Rick

If you push 7 before you listen to the entire message, it will archive it as unread and the indicator won't go away.  Many people do that and then complain that their indicator doesn't go away.  You have to listen to a message entirely before GV marks it as no longer NEW.

mellaby

Thanks Coal & Rick, it worked but you have to be patient. The notice goes away after about 10 secs.