News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help Using Google Voice + Simon Telephonics as Gateway for Outgoing Calls

Started by Romeu, February 21, 2013, 12:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeu

Hi there!
How are you guys!?

I have two Google Voice numbers and I would like to use one with Simon Telephonics as my Voice Gateway3 for Outgoing Calls.

I followed RonR's post: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.40 but I can't make it work...

Everytime I try to place a call I receive a message (male voice) saying: "the number you dialled **3xxxxxxxxxxx was rejected by the service provider, reason is 400."

When I configure it using the same Simon Telephonics credentials but as a SPx it works perfectly!

My settings are:

SP1= Brazilian SIP Provider called Vono [Primary Line]
SP2= Google Voice (with Simon Telephonics) - This is not the same GV I am trying to setup as my Voice Gateway3

Gateway3
Name: Simon
AccessNumber: sp1(vono.net.br) - Do I need do add the port here? Like: vono.net.br:5060 ?
DigiMap: (xx.)
AuthUserID: GVxxxxxxxxxxx@gvgw3.simonics.com - Do I need to add the port here?
AuthPassword:************

- Physical Interfaces - PHONE::DigiMap=([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

- Physical Interfaces - PHONE::OutboundCallRoute={([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I would appreciate some help from you guys who have had success in using Google Voice with Simon Telephonics as VoiceGateway.

Thank you very much and a happy thursday for everyone!
Romeu.

RFord

It should be:

Change this:

AccessNumber: (vono.net.br)

To:

AccessNumber: sp1(sip.gvgw3.simonics.com)

You need to reference your sip provider (sp1 in this case).

or

try this if the above doesn't work:

AccessNumber: sp1(gvgw3.simonics.com)

Again, does Simon Telephonics allow outgoing calls without registration?  This is key....

Romeu

Quote from: lhm. on February 21, 2013, 01:28:10 PM
Try here.

http://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/how-to-use-the-simon-telephonics-google-voice-gateway-with-an-obihai-device-to-provide-caller-id-name-on-incoming-google-voice-calls/

Hi lhm.!

I had read the article you mentioned before, but unfortunately it only teaches how to configure the Service Providers (SPx) but does not explain how to configure the Voice Gateways (vgx) with Simon Telephonics service for outbound calling.

Anyway thank you for your help! :)

zapattack

What does Call History show?
Did the call reference SP1 on the way to the VG Dial Map?
If it attempted to connect, what digits did it dial, if any?

Romeu

Quote from: RFord on February 21, 2013, 04:57:11 PM
It should be:

Change this:

AccessNumber: (vono.net.br)

To:

AccessNumber: sp1(sip.gvgw3.simonics.com)

You need to reference your sip provider (sp1 in this case).

or

try this if the above doesn't work:

AccessNumber: sp1(gvgw3.simonics.com)

Again, does Simon Telephonics allow outgoing calls without registration?  This is key....

Hi RFord!
Thank you for your Help.

Reviewing RonR's post I could understand my mistake.

I made the changes you suggested me.

So, when I use AccessNumber: sp1(sip.gvgw3.simonics.com) I received a messege saying: "the number you

dialled **3xxxxxxxxxxx has not received a response from service provider."

And when a use AccessNumber: sp1(gvgw3.simonics.com) I received a messege saying: "the number you

dialled **3xxxxxxxxxxx was rejected by the service provider, reason is 401."

Quote from: zapattack on February 21, 2013, 10:39:23 PM
What does Call History show?
Did the call reference SP1 on the way to the VG Dial Map?
If it attempted to connect, what digits did it dial, if any?

Hi zapattack!
How are you?!

This is my the Call History:

Call 1
Terminal ID
Peer Name
Peer Number
Direction
13:59:31
13:59:31
----------
Call 2
Terminal ID
Peer Name
Peer Number
Direction
13:57:40
13:57:41

02/22/2013    13:59:31
PHONE1

**3xxxxxxxxxxx
Outbound
New Call

-------------------
02/22/2013    13:57:40
PHONE1

**3xxxxxxxxxxx
Outbound
New Call

SP1

xxxxxxxxxxx@sip.gvgw3.simonics.com
Outbound

End Call
------------------

SP1

xxxxxxxxxxx@gvgw3.simonics.com
Outbound

End Call (401 Unauthorized)
Any idea?

Thank you again guys! =)

RFord

The proper Voice gateway setup should be:

Gateway3
AccessNumber: sp1(sip.gvgw3.simonics.com) or [ sp1(gvgw3.simonics.com)  :  should be the former ]
AuthUserID: GV1xxxxxxxxxx    (GV+1+10 digits)

If that doesn't work, setup Simon Telephonics on SP1 and let it registered to the server.  make an outgoing test call to make sure it works.  After confirming, disable SP1 by unchecking "Enable" box associated with SP1 and Save/Reboot the OBi box.  It should de-register.  Now place an outgoing call again.  If the call is successful, you are able to make outgoing calls without registration to Simon Telephonics server.  If the call fails, you cannot and as such, you cannot use the Voice Gateways with Simon Telephonics.  Simon Telephonics is using some type of PBX-type setup and it might not allow calls via it Server without registration to said Server.  The test above will determine that.  Please note correct AuthUser format (GV plus 11-digit telephone number)!

zapattack

The 1 second calls indicate connection to simonics, but obviously no successful login.
UserID and Password look like the problem.
Copy and paste the password if possible.
Good idea trying the SP setup route. Keep in mind it may take a few minutes for registration to expire.
However, I suggest you use   X_RegisterEnable under Voice Services/SP1/SP1 service parameter to disable registration.
Unchecking means only OGoing registration is stopped.

Romeu

Quote from: RFord on February 22, 2013, 05:09:30 PM
The proper Voice gateway setup should be:

Gateway3
AccessNumber: sp1(sip.gvgw3.simonics.com) or [ sp1(gvgw3.simonics.com)  :  should be the former ]
AuthUserID: GV1xxxxxxxxxx    (GV+1+10 digits)

If that doesn't work, setup Simon Telephonics on SP1 and let it registered to the server.  make an outgoing test call to make sure it works.  After confirming, disable SP1 by unchecking "Enable" box associated with SP1 and Save/Reboot the OBi box.  It should de-register.  Now place an outgoing call again.  If the call is successful, you are able to make outgoing calls without registration to Simon Telephonics server.  If the call fails, you cannot and as such, you cannot use the Voice Gateways with Simon Telephonics.  Simon Telephonics is using some type of PBX-type setup and it might not allow calls via it Server without registration to said Server.  The test above will determine that.  Please note correct AuthUser format (GV plus 11-digit telephone number)!

Hi RFord!

Let's see if I understand this correctly.

I deleted the information from VoiceGateway3 (I guess it does not matter).

I configured Simon on SP1 (with the same login and password previously used in VoiceGateway3), all worked perfectly making and receiving calls.

After That, I disabled SP1 by unchecking "Enable" box Associated with SP1 and Saved / Reboot the Obi box, but when I try to place a call I received a message (male voice) saying: "No service configured, please log in to obitalk.com and cofigure your device".

thank you for your generosity in wanting to help me.

Quote from: zapattack on February 22, 2013, 10:40:27 PM
The 1 second calls indicate connection to simonics, but obviously no successful login.
UserID and Password look like the problem.
Copy and paste the password if possible.
Good idea trying the SP setup route. Keep in mind it may take a few minutes for registration to expire.
However, I suggest you use   X_RegisterEnable under Voice Services/SP1/SP1 service parameter to disable registration.
Unchecking means only OGoing registration is stopped.

Hi zapattack!

Thank you for your replay!

The login and the password are just fine, 'cause as I said above, I can register on SP1 or SP2 with them and place and receive call.

The X_RegisterEnable under Voice Services/SP1/SP1 service was enabled all the time by default. Is this what you suggested?

Thank you again!

RFord

Romeu:

It appears from the test you did that Registration is required for outgoing calls (and incoming) with Simon Telephonics.  This would explain the problems you are having with Voice Gateway setup, which only works with servers which do not require direct registration! 

Maybe you can shoot an email to operator of Simon to confirm and also to solicit if there is some form of work around using an intermediate provider.

zapattack

If RegisterEnable always has a check mark, then you will always register. Both boxes must be blank to disable registration of a working configuration.
Next you must wait for the last registration to time-out, maybe 10-15 minutes or longer.
If you Disable an  SP, then you will get the Obi No Service Configured error because it is no longer accessible, therefore the configuration cannot be read, so the Registration setting is not relevant.
What you should hear for an error is No Response from the Service Provider, meaning the Obi routed the call out of the Obi, but did not get any response from the Service Provider to proceed with the call.

Romeu

RFord and zapattack!

Thank you guys!

My setting were all right and your help was more than correct!

I sent an email to Bill Simon, "the man" behind Simon Telephonic asking if Simon Telephonics Google Voice Gateway makes outbound calls without registration?

Here is his answer:

• "Typically, no. If you try to make a call without being registered, the gateway returns a SIP 500 error. This is because the Google Voice login is triggered by your SIP client being registered. If you wish to use the service for outbound calls only, I can configure that for you. Just let me know your GV number and the gateway you're on. Bill Simon"

So I gave him my Google Voice number and he returned:

• "OK, done. Your account is set for outbound-only on the gateway. Bill Simon"

Now everything works great!

Thank you guys and thanks to Bill Simon!

Romeu.   =)

RFord

Romeu:

I glad things work out great for you, but now others are now going to request the same from Simon Telephonics.  This will allow individuals to have multiple GV accounts/DID (up to maybe 7 or 8 max) for outgoing via the Voice Gateway accounts.  I guess you have paved the way for this to happen!

N7AS

I've been using Voice Gateways for a couple of years. Before Simon Telephonics, there was another GV Gateway called SIPbri. I am not sure if they are still around. I have been using Simons Gateway without any mods by him without any problems.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

RFord

N7AS:

Are you saying you are able to use Simon Telephonics on one or more of your Voice Gateway Accounts without any modifications from Simon?  If so, can you share with the rest of us the specifics of one of your VG setup?  Anything special that you had to do to get it to work (without registration)?

N7AS

Quote from: RFord on February 27, 2013, 09:42:04 AM
N7AS:

Are you saying you are able to use Simon Telephonics on one or more of your Voice Gateway Accounts without any modifications from Simon?  If so, can you share with the rest of us the specifics of one of your VG setup?  Anything special that you had to do to get it to work (without registration)?
This is what I use for one of my Voice Gateways...

Voice Gateway2
Parameter Name          Value      
Enable                       Checked         
Name                        GV SIP WashDC         
AccessNumber            SP2(gvgw1.simonics.com)  (or whater server assigned)         
DigitMap                   (Mste)              (seven,ten,eleven User Defined DigitMap)      
AuthUserID                GV1202xxxxxxx         
AuthPassword            password assigned by Simon Gateway         

User Defined DigitMap

\Label                        ste
DigitMap                     (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

aaa=your Area Code

I use SP1 for Google Voice and SP2 for Anveo

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.