News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial Plan calling between two Obihai Devices

Started by PT88, February 25, 2013, 07:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PT88

I have two Obihai devices.
Each device is associated with a specific telephone number registered with voip.ms.

Is there a way where I can route the call from one device to the other device such that it becomes a free Obihai to Obihai call.

In essence if i dial from one device 555-555-5555 to the other device, the obihai would essentially replace the phone number dialed for the other device's Obi number.

Thank ou

hwittenb

The VoIP.ms wiki says "with VoIP.ms you get free calls from your account to any VoIP.ms DID from US and Canada."
http://wiki.voip.ms/article/Features#Free_Calls_Between_VoIP.ms_Customers

You can also setup a "Virtual DID" on voip.ms that you can make a call to the OBi using a sip uri address.  Voip.ms Virtual DID's have a $0.25 (25 cent) fee per month plus 0.001 (one tenth of a cent) per minute fee for an incoming call.

If you setup subaccounts you can make calls between voip.ms subaccounts via a SIP uri.

You also, of course, can make free calls between two OBi devices using the built-in OBiTalk network.

So to make free calls between the two OBi devices I would select the method I wish to use for the call and setup a simple Speed Dial to make the call.