News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail Message Indicator Light ON

Started by mmsfoobi, February 26, 2013, 01:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmsfoobi

On my phone, the voicemail indicator light is on, even though I unchecked the "Google Voicemail Notification" option and I also confirmed that I have absolutely no voicemail messages in my Google account and I also physically reset both the phone and the Obi202.

How can I make that light stop blinking?

I saw an old thread with these instructions:

Assuming you have Google Voice configured on SP1, verify that you have the following settings:

Voice Services -> SP1 service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

Then, in a later message, the poster said that you cannot check these items through Obitalk, you must "log in to the Obi itself" but I have no idea how to do that.

mmsfoobi

I figured out how to log in to the Obi.

I tried two things.

1. I followed the instructions in prior message. It did not work.

2. I went back into the screen and I ensured that all three of those settings are unchecked. It still does not work.

I can't get that red light to stop flashing!

Rick

The main reason for this, as described in many posts, is either an OBi that is not on the latest firmware or unread messages in a spam or other folder.

mmsfoobi

When I logged into obitalk the first time, there was a triangle, and when I clicked on it, I thought that updated the firmware.

How to verify firmware and determine current version?

I read every thread I could find, and did everything I read about. This includes deleting all voicemails and messages in Google Voice. Everything is deleted from everywhere including the deleted items/trash folder, the spam folder, the history folder. Absolutely everything is deleted.

richardcoop

Sometimes it isn't the Obi's fault. The phone handset gets confused. I have a vtech cordless phone and there is a menu option on the phone to turn off that light. If you don't hear the stutter dial tone there isn't a message waiting somewhere.

MikeHObi

I also once (before voip) had to pull the battery out of the phone handset to get it to reset and turn off the light.  while rare, it's not impossible for the phone to get stuck.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Pdxrita

I know that this is a somewhat old post, but just in case someone new is looking for this information, I was able to get my voicemail indicator to work perfectly. The key is to log into your google voice account, go to "settings", then "calls", and under "missed calls", uncheck "place calls in inbox". I did this and now my light works exactly as it should. There's a slight lag between the message arriving or being deleted and the light changing, but it does work.

Clive

As an addendum:
It could simply be the phone.
I have different cordless phones on different lines and they start flashing every time there has been a call on their respective line.
I have removed all the indicator settings but still they flash whether I use OBi or Linksys boxes.