News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 dialing plan for UK with Sipgate

Started by a8ree, February 26, 2013, 03:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a8ree

I am trying to configure my Obi110 for the UK (Glasgow) using Sipgate.

Currently I have the PSTN line and SIP operating correctly however there are some issues

- PSTN dialling - There is a 10 seconds delay if using the local number e.g. 3329292 rather than 01413329292. When using the full number the delay is around 4 seconds (which is still quite long)
- SIPgate.co.uk - I can only dial with the full number with area code. When using the local number, the call fails.

I have read about dialling plans but I am lost

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Aidan

ianobi

Aidan,

I'm also in the UK, also have an OBi110 and also use Sipgate.uk. I'm guessing I must have solved all of the problems you have found by now  :)

The main problem is that the OBi digit maps etc are all set up for North American number formats. If the number you dial does not match a format accepted by the digit maps, then a "catch-all" rule (xx.) comes into play, but adds big delays to dialling. Also, we need to get the emergency numbers correct for the UK.

When dialling outbound, Sipgate do require the full STD number. It makes no difference to the call cost. The following digit maps will add the STD code for you, so you can still dial a seven digit local number.

I'm  assuming that you wish Sipgate to be your Primary Line (the one that you do not need to dial ** codes before numbers) and that you have set it up on sp1. To dial out on PSTN via the Line Port, you will need to dial **8 before numbers.

This is a first attempt and will sure to need some fine-tuning to get exactly what you need.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|999|112|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|999|112):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(<0141>[2-9]xxxxxx|0[1237]xxxxxxxxx|0[4568]xx.|1xxxx|1xxxxxx|00xx.)

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
([2-9]xxxxxxS0|0[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

Routing should work as follows:

999/112 direct to PSTN
Seven digits starting 2 to 9 will have 0141 prepended and be sent out via sp1
Eleven digits starting with 01, 02, 03, 07 will be sent out via sp1
Variable length starting 04, 05, 06, 08 will be sent out via sp1
Five digit starting with 1 will be sent out via sp1. (Sipgate service numbers).
Seven digit starting with 1 will be sent out via sp1. (Sipgate internal numbers).
Any number starting with 00 (international) will be sent out via sp1.
**8 followed by seven digits starting 2 to 9 will be sent to PSTN.
**8 followed by eleven digits starting 01 to 09 will be sent to PSTN.
**8 followed by any mismatched numbers will be sent to PSTN after a 10 seconds or more delay.

I do find Sipgate.uk reliable and good quality. UK call rates are good value. However, I find their mobile phone rates and some international call rates rather high. I use another provider for those calls.

It's probably best to get all the above working before trying to fine-tune it  ;)

QBZappy

Hey Ian,

Quote from: ianobi on February 26, 2013, 06:31:58 AM
The main problem is that the OBi digit maps etc are all set up for North American number formats.

It seems that the  "exalted"  RonR is accommodating feature requests of his 'Configuration Utility for OBi100/110/202'. If you ask he might consider it. (/prostrated on my knees mentioning his name  :))

Configuration Utility for OBi100/110/202
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28046615-Configuration-Utility-for-OBi100-110-202

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

a8ree

Quote from: ianobi on February 26, 2013, 06:31:58 AM
Aidan,

I'm also in the UK, also have an OBi110 and also use Sipgate.uk. I'm guessing I must have solved all of the problems you have found by now  :)

Hi Ian,

It appears that you have just managed to solve all my problems (of which I am currently aware that is!). What a difference. All appears to be good.

Thanks for sharing your config with me.

I don't make a lot of international calls but might take a look at using my Google voice account for Internationals in future....once I am sure that everthing on Sipgate is good (and that the wife doesn't notice!).

Cheers

Aidan

ianobi

QBZappy,

"Configuration Utility" sounds a bit boring. I would prefer "The Configurator!" A comic book hero coming to our rescue  :D

The problem here in the UK and some other places , is the irregular nature of out number formats. Sometimes it's a four digit area code followed by seven digits, sometimes a five digit area code followed by six digits. Some 0800 numbers are eleven digits, others are ten digits, etc, etc...

That's why I learnt about digit maps in the first place - I had no choice!

a8ree

What do I need to do in order to have 1471 and 1571 routed to the PSTN line?

a8ree

Scrap the daft question....I added it in as an additional beside the 999 and 112 numbers that were already being  routed that way!

RFord

Quote from: a8ree on March 08, 2013, 03:42:36 AM
Scrap the daft question....I added it in as an additional beside the 999 and 112 numbers that were already being  routed that way!

For completeness, is this what you did? (not sure if it should be 1471 or 471):

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|999|112|1471|1571|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|999|112|1471|1571):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

a8ree

ianobi

Aidan,

It's not a daft question at all. 999/112 is a special case as they are emergency numbers and need to go straight to line. I would not keep adding to that list just as a quick way of getting numbers to the Line Port. The Phone Port OutboundCallRoute can quickly get very confusing and full of conflicts that way.

I don't use Britsh Telecom, but a quick scan shows that they like most companies have a selection of "special codes": 100, 101, 150 to 155, 1471, 1571. You could just dial **8 then the number, but then it's not automatic and you would wait ten seconds for the xx. rule in the Line Port DigitMap to route the calls.

I suggest leaving the Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute as they are in Reply #1. Make changes as follows:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(<**8>1[05][0-5]|<**8>1[45]71|<0141>[2-9]xxxxxx|0[1237]xxxxxxxxx|0[4568]xx.|1xxxx|1xxxxxx|00xx.)

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(1[05][0-5]|1[45]71|[2-9]xxxxxxS0|0[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

This setup prepends the **8 for you where required and matches the "special codes" detailed above. Feel free to ask if you would like a detailed explanation.

I have ignored British Telecom "Number Withheld" 141 and Sipgate.co.uk anonymous calling for now. We can add it to this thread if you ask   :)