News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't prevent incoming calls from going directly to voice mail.

Started by RJDV, February 28, 2013, 12:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJDV

I'm using GV and Callcentric on my Obi202 device.
I followed the instructions given in the post by pc44 dated July 11/2012 (thanks pc44),  but I'm afraid there is something i've not made correctly. Now, phones ring and CNAM is given, but the call itself and the caller's message are sent directly to Voice Mail, so I cannot answer the call or listen to the message in my own answering machine.
To prevent this, I'm trying to select "Off" in the "Call Screening" section of the "Calls" tab of Google Voice Settings. This way, I think, I'd be able to take the call, or record the caller's message in my own answering machine, which I find much more convenient.

The problem is that, whenever I try to do it, a warning sign comes  up and blocks the "Off" radio buttom , thus preventing me from making the selection.

I'd like to be adviced about this issue.

SDTRI619

Having the same issue. Have you found a resolution?

Thanks

Ken1908

I also have this problem of calls going straight to G voice mail.  I can't pick up the phone and answer the call even after only one ring.
Can somebody please give us a hand here?

gyromike

Try deleting and re adding the google chat phone.

delete the google chat then make a call from gmail. Make sure the forward to box is checked.