News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HELP! FPL stuck in Register Failed: No Response From Server

Started by Veronica, March 02, 2013, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica

Hello, the following is what i emailed to FreePhoneLine (fongo) but they replied saying that they can't assist me as i own a third party ATA...

QuoteI own an Obi110 ATA which has been working fine with FPL
service until 2 days ago, now im stuck in *Register Failed: No Response
From Server*
, i have even tried with the Alternative SIP server that you
have: voip2.freephoneline.ca as your tutorial describes:
http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries/23120323-VoIP-Unlock-Key-Credentials

I have followed to the letter your tutorial and i still canĀ“t get my line
registered, i also have not been notified by email by you reporting damage
or something and i checked in your web page all the services seems to be up
but i don't know why the service stopped working suddenly for me when it
was working just fine before.

Thanks in advance, hope to get a hold of you ASAP as i'm using this service
in Ecuador to communicate with my partner located in Vancouver, Canada.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be? I'n not a noob about Voip but i still can't figure it out what the problem is.

BTW i also have a Google Voice account configured in the same OBI 110 ATA and is working just fine.

SP1: Google Voice
SP2: FreePhoneLine   <-- PROBLEM

I removed and re-added FPL settings in SP2 and same thing--- No Response From Server :'(

~ V

nickj

I'm having the same message while trying to set up Anveo E911: "Register Failed: No Response From Server" .

proteus

Exact same issue as Veronica with 110. Any solutions?

proteus

Shale

Quote from: proteus on June 21, 2013, 09:55:18 AM
Already did, SIP ALG is disabled in my router.

Are you implying that it had been originally turned on by default, you had your problem, and you then disabled ALG in your router? OK.  If so, on to something else. Try each of these:

1. Put your OBi into the DMZ, and try again. If that works, you could leave it that way, or you could try something more specific. If it does not work in DMZ, then that router with that firmware is probably not going to work for this.

2. Try connecting the OBi directly to the modem without the router. If that works, you would know that the problem is router-related. If this option is not available to you, describe your situation.

After things are working, next work on blocking SIP scanners.

proteus

Oh I meant that I had disabled SIP ALG myself on my router after getting the Obi.

The thing is that the configuration had been working fine for months and only since last week or so have I started seeing this behavior. Let me try the DMZ approach though. Thanks!

FWIW the configuration is ADSL modem is connected to my wireless router. The wireless router is used as a hub and not a router. My ADSL modem has an inbuilt router which does not have any option for SIP ALG. My wireless router did have that option and it has been disabled since beginning.

Also, is the error "Register Failed: No Response From Server" a connectivity error or a SIP error?