News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call forwarding between GV and Telco

Started by Metaphore, March 02, 2013, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metaphore

I bought the 110 to install in another country and set it up to route calls from POTS to IP so friends can call us and to route IP to POTS to call them. And for the person whose home it will be installed in to be able to pick up the phone and call either locally using POTS or the US using IP (GV).

The manual refers to a checkbox on the setup screen that is labeled "All Incoming Calls to Attendant". That button seems to be missing from the OpenTalk Device Configuration screen. Where did it go? Can I still use this feature?

QBZappy

Metaphore,

Welcome

Quote from: Metaphore on March 02, 2013, 01:17:25 PM
The manual refers to a checkbox on the setup screen that is labeled "All Incoming Calls to Attendant". That button seems to be missing from the OpenTalk Device Configuration screen. Where did it go? Can I still use this feature?

I may be mistaken, but I don't remember ever seeing that checkbox. However if your intention is to route all calls to the AA, I believe the following should work:
Voice Services->SPX Service->X_InboundCallRoute = {aa}

You should make sure you only use a Service Provider which you don't need any credit to use to avoid the possibility of any surprises ($).
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Metaphore

I saw it in the OBiTalk Portal Device Management manual on page 2:
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiTALKDeviceManagement.pdf

I do thank you for the workaround, found it. I can't seem to change the string in OBiTalk, though. All I can do is change the check box to device default. I did change the Incoming to {aa} for SP1 and Line in the web interface. Then I re-booted the device.

Now a call to SP1 goes directly to voice mail and calls made to Line still ring through. Is voicemail the AA? I'm not seeing how to route a call...

Metaphore

A bit more playing with this thing, and I'm getting some weirdness...

On the web interface:

Physical Interfaces->Line Port->InboundCallRoute is set to {aa} and Default is unchecked.

Voice Services->SP Service->X_InboundCallRoute is set to {aa] and Default is unchecked.

On OBiTalk both are set to device default.

The Line port is doing well and consistently routing call after call to aa. I can dial my cell with **1 and get the caller id of the line hooked up to the line port. All is well.

SP1, on the other hand, reverts back to "ph" with Default checked within a few minutes of the re-boot. I can get one call in that works, and the next just rings.

QBZappy

Quote from: Metaphore on March 02, 2013, 07:00:07 PM
SP1, on the other hand, reverts back to "ph" with Default checked within a few minutes of the re-boot. I can get one call in that works, and the next just rings.

You fell for the #1 Noob OBi trap. Don't feel bad about it. You are not the first, and you won't be the last. You need to read this to understand why:
Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

Your reference to page 2 of http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiTALKDeviceManagement.pdf indeed shows a checkbox. However it seems that they changed the portal without updating the manual. I think the manual is several firmware versions out of date as well. They have on occasion added/deleted features on the portal. There is at least one dummy feature that doesn't even work. The 'Manage Expert Configuration' is just vaporware. It never worked from day 1.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Metaphore

Well, beyond the wisdom gleaned from the title, that post is more double-talk than I heard on last nights news report about the Fiscal Cliff. The title says "Don't" yet the post says "Do". Following the title seems to have worked.

The AA is working great. Recorded custom prompts and everything. Thank you for your help!

Is there a way to have multiple pins and restrict some to dialing only speed dials?