News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

help pls - I am a newbie and I need some help - anyone willing ?

Started by lfelton99, March 03, 2013, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfelton99

HI,

I have a obi100 - I have connected my telephone line and my router. When I dial the **9 222 222 222
number I get "your request was rejected by the server provider error message 404"

thanks for any help !!

Lyn

LeoKing

Did you set up the OBi100 with your GV account on OBiTALK? Also, check the Internet connection to the OBi100.

lfelton99

Sorry not sure what a GV account is - I cannot use google talk (nor it is necessary - i am told ) because I am in Canada and it is not supported.  I am able to surf the internet so I know that my router is working ?

thanks,
Lyn

LeoKing

Sorry, I didn't now you're in Canada. I thought you could use Google Voice in Canada, too. You need to have a Google Voice or a SIP service to use with the OBi100.

lfelton99

I know of people who are using their obi with a unlock VOP key ( which I have - userid, password and proxy) from freephoneline.ca.

i have configure this information in the obi - but at this point I do not even think i am getting to this point.  :(

lfelton99

I want to avoid getting a US number as I know this is not necessary and I am over configuring for what I want to do - simply eliminate my costs telephone services  ;D

i am able to ping the sip.fongo.com server from my pc so I appear to have communication both ways ummm ?

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

lfelton99

Is anyone willing to call my obi number to see if I can receive a obi to oci call - send me a private message and I will give u my number.

thanks

lfelton99

@QBZAPPY - tried this settings and I get this...

Retrying Register (server=208.65.240.44:5060)   help
PrimaryProxyServer      
SecondaryProxyServer      
CallState   0 Active Calls   help

SP2 Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Service Not Configured   help
PrimaryProxyServer      
SecondaryProxyServer      

OBiTALK Service Statushelp
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Normal (User Mode)   help

anything else I need to configure ?

thanks everyone for your ideas !!!

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

Disable the following in order to avoid OBiTALK portal from overriding your changes.

System Management
   Network Settings
   Auto Provisioning
ITSP Provisioning->Method = Disable
OBiTalk Provisioning->Method = Disable

lfelton99

QBZAPPY - thanks for your help so far....
I was able to disable the ITSP Provisioning but I cannot find the Obitalk provisioning method - going to go read the article you posted ...gnight

isable the following in order to avoid OBiTALK portal from overriding your changes.

System Management
    Network Settings
    Auto Provisioning
ITSP Provisioning->Method = Disable
OBiTalk Provisioning->Method = Disable