News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple incoming calls

Started by josetann, March 31, 2011, 03:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josetann

I need to know how multiple incoming calls would be handled, specifically one coming from Google Voice and another from the PSTN.  I'd prefer to give the PSTN call priority, but still show the CID from the Google Voice call.  The reason is because my dsl connection can be flaky, so I'd still like to have Google Voice forward to the PSTN line.  I figure the call would come through the internet first (would probably beat the PSTN by a fraction of a second), with CID ready to go.  The PSTN would then start ringing, but wouldn't have CID (why pay another $10/mo for a service I can get for free?).  I answer the phone, the OBi110 would automatically connect to the PSTN call.

RonR

The first call to arrive at the OBi starts the OBi PHONE Port ringing, with CallerID, if available.  If another call arrives while the OBi PHONE Port is still ringing, the second call goes basically goes nowhere.  If the first call is answered, then Call Waiting, with Call Waiting CallerID, if available, should be signaled to the OBi PHONE Port.  If the first caller hangs up before being answered and the second call is still ringing, the second call should go through to the OBi PHONE Port, presumably with CallerID, if available.