News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED: OBI100 resets & then clears SIP provider AuthUserName

Started by JoeW, March 31, 2011, 04:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeW

Received OBI100 today, and am trying to set it up to replace Grandstream HT-502 for VOIP service with VOIP.MS, which was working without issue over the past year.

After setting provider params via the wizard, and also manually, the OBI registers successfully with VOIP.MS, but after about 10 seconds, it reboots, and the AuthUserName field then shows as being blanked out on OBI's SP1 SIP credentials.  After that, of course, it doesn't work.  This behavior is repeatable 100% of the time.

Also updated to the latest OBI100 firmware prior to the SIP configuration.

Any ideas?

Thanks...JoeW

freetalk

Hi JoeW,

Were you using the wizard on www.obihai.com? Did you add your device to OBiTALK portal as well? Settings by wizard would be overwritten by OBiTALK portal if you added the device to OBiTALK portal.

Please use OBiTALK web portal to configure your device if this is the case.

JoeW

Issue seems to be resolved.  On my router, I had previously forwarded VOIP-related ports (5060, etc) to the Grandstream HT-502.  This had previously been necessary in order for the HT-502 to avoid losing registration to VOIP.MS.  Today, when I installed the OBI100 at a different IP address, I still had the VOIP-related ports being forwarded by the router to the IP address of the HT-502 (192.168.1.52),  which presumably was causing communications issues between voip.ms and the OBI100 (192.168.1.7).

Thanks...JoeW

JoeW

And, yes, I was using both OBITALK portal as well as wizard and local web-page on the OBI100 at different times, which may have contributed to at least some of the issues...Thanks....JoeW