News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Port forwarding on the 202 as a router

Started by campigenus@gmail.com, March 07, 2013, 02:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campigenus@gmail.com

For some unknown reason I cannot make my Obi work behind my router. It's not the end of the world, it works reasonably well as the main/gateway router to my small home network.

The problem is, I would like to have access to several devices on my LAN. The way I had it before, is to forward a higher port to the SSH port of the device on the LAN.

For example:
ssh -p 222 myhome.ip - would connect me to the NAS box
while
ssh -p 2222 myhome.ip - would connect me to a pogoplug.

This was easily done on my router, but I can't seem to be able to do it on the Obi202.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

giqcass

router configuration>>Port forwarding  
Set the ports to forward to an ip ending in 100 assuming you didn't change settings on the OBi that is where your router is located.  The Obi will fill in the first part of the IP address. Make sure you click enable and submit.  That will get the traffic to the internal router.  From there it's business as usual.

You can forward a range of ports or single ports.

If you didn't change anything I believe you can log in to your OBi at http://192.168.10.1/
Long live our new ObiLords!

campigenus@gmail.com

Thanks for your input. Alas, that's not it; that part I already did.

What I want is to forward an external port number to a different internal port number.

So, sor example, while I can forward port 22 to port 22 on, 192.169.1.3, I would also like to forward external port 222 to port 22 on 192.168.1.11.