News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Routing Calls based on the number dialed for incoming call

Started by quanttrom, March 08, 2013, 04:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quanttrom

I have 2 phone numbers that I can route to a single SP2 Service.

Currently phone number "A" is the main phone number that rings PH, my cordless home headset

I would like to be able to route calls coming in from phone number "B" to the Auto Attendant.

I am looking into ways that I can route incoming calls based on the phone number dialed.

I have looked into configuration option X_InboundCallRoute and specifically the callee-list parameter.

From my reseach it seems like this is not possible. Does the SIP provider give information about the phone number dialed when the SIP call is created?

Is there a way to accomplish this?

ianobi

Let's have a look at the CallerID method first: This depends what the OBi sees as CallerID. Look at the web page > Status > Call History. If the "Peer Number" of calls from phone number "A" is different from the "Peer Number" of calls from phone number "B", then the OBi can route them differently.

If the above is true and the "Peer Number" from phone number "B" is 12345678912, then this rule would work for you:
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(12345678912):aa},{ph}

If you want to route the incoming call based on the callee parameter, that is based on the digits received regardless of CallerID, then something like this should work:

{>**0:aa},{ph}
Any incoming call with received digits "**0" will route to auto attendant. All other calls to the Phone Port.

{>(Minc):aa},{ph}
Any incoming call with received digits matching User Defined DigitMap "inc" will route to auto attendant. All other calls to the Phone Port.

The two methods could be combined:
{(12345678912)>(Minc):aa},{ph}
Any incoming call with CallerID of "12345678912" and received digits matching User Defined DigitMap "inc" will route to auto attendant. All other calls to the Phone Port.

Good luck! Let us know how the testing goes.