News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Annonymous calling.. Google Voice

Started by giqcass, March 08, 2013, 08:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

New favorite trick.  As many of you know Google Voice does NOT provide anonymous calling via *67.  This can be remedied however.  In fact calls to 1-800 numbers are not anonymous even when you block your number.  How can we fix this????

Create a new Gmail account.  Don't add Google voice however.  Log in to Gmail and place a call.  Now enter those credentials into your OBi as a new account. 

Now you can dial **x before the phone number to call completely anonymously.  x=the service provider slot you chose.  Caller ID will show up as  (760) 705-8888 on the caller ID of the person you called but if they try to call that number they get an error message.

I thought the following would make *67 work as the prefix but it doesn't.

Delete the following line from your star codes
*67, Block Caller ID Once, set($Bci1,1)       

add the following to the outgoing digit map for your physical ports line 1 and line 2 if you have it.
{(<*67:>(Mspx)):spx}

x = the service provider you set you gmail account up on.
{(<*67:>(Msp1)):sp1}  is for service provider 1   
{(<*67:>(Msp2)):sp2}  is for service provider 2  ect.....

Any ideas on how to make the prefix *67 instead of **X?
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

giqcas,

This will make every number that starts with *67 go out via sp2. I'm using sp2 of an OBi110 in this example. Changes shown in bold.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|*67(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(*67(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Now if you dial *6712345678912, this rule {(*67(Msp2)):sp2}, will match it and send *6712345678912 out to sp2.

The problem is that it stops you using *67 on any other service. Here is an alternative way:

Leave this at default:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Changes shown here in bold:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:*67>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Now if you dial **212345678912, this rule {(<**2:*67>(Msp2)):sp2}, will replace **2 with *67 and send *6712345678912 out to sp2.

All this assumes that you first do this as you suggest:
Delete the following line from your star codes
*67, Block Caller ID Once, set($Bci1,1)

Edit: No need to delete *67, Block Caller ID Once, set($Bci1,1) using the second method as you are using prefix **2 followed by the number, which gets transformed into *67 followed by number when processed through the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

giqcass

Just so everyone knows I had to make the following change to ianobi dial plan for this to work.

ianobi wrote

This will make every number that starts with *67 go out via sp2. I'm using sp2 of an OBi110 in this example. Changes shown in bold.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|*67(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(*67(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Now if you dial *6712345678912, this rule {(*67(Msp2)):sp2}, will match it and send *6712345678912 out to sp2.

The problem is that it stops you using *67 on any other service. Here is an alternative way:

I  had to add the following characters to his map so *67 wasn't passed as part of the number.
{(<*67:>(Msp2)):sp2}

Final dial plan

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<*67:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

This makes everything work just as I had originally intended.  Thanks for the help from ianobi.
Long live our new ObiLords!

jazzbojonesthe3rd

I registered just to say thanks...THANKS giqcas!!!

I spend a loooong time today trying to block my caller id and this was easy.  I did not use any of this code you guys list...just **2.

MODS...this should be a sticky or in the FAQ...so easy.

gaia

Quote from: giqcass on March 08, 2013, 08:29:07 PM
New favorite trick.  As many of you know Google Voice does NOT provide anonymous calling via *67.

Does it support *81 for permanent anonymous calling? If not, what are my options? I do not want to dial *67 everytime.

TIA

SteveInWA

No.  The only way to make anonymous outbound calls via Google Chat (which is what OBis use for outbound calling), is to provision one of your OBi's SPs to a Google account that does not have a Google Voice telephone number.  Outbound calls will appear as "unknown" or "private caller". 

Since most people are so sick of spam calls that they won't answer anonymous calls, this isn't recommended for day-to-day use.

glnz6

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 18, 2016, 04:36:40 PM
No.  The only way to make anonymous outbound calls via Google Chat (which is what OBis use for outbound calling), is to provision one of your OBi's SPs to a Google account that does not have a Google Voice telephone number.  Outbound calls will appear as "unknown" or "private caller". 

Since most people are so sick of spam calls that they won't answer anonymous calls, this isn't recommended for day-to-day use.

Steve - Is there still no easy way to persistently block outgoing caller ID when we make calls from Google Voice through our Obi 202?  The Obi's star code *81 (Block Caller ID Persistent Mode) does not seem to work.  Thanks.

GPz1100

I concur with Steve's comment above.  Anonymous calls don't even ring here, they get sent immediately to voicemail.  Think twice about blocking if you expect the call to be answered.