News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

didforsale.com setup

Started by HaiChris, March 07, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaiChris

Hi -

I currently have Google Voice setup and love it. Next step - I would like to use didforsale.com to receive phone calls from other numbers that I purchase.

Anyone have a setup guide to configure didforsale.com to receive incoming calls using the obi?

Chris

giqcass

With didforsale.com you will a static IP address at home and do some port forwarding or you will need to forward them to to an intermediate service.  Which route do you want to go?
Long live our new ObiLords!

giqcass

Now that I look at the prices I have to say ouch!  I wouldn't use this service unless I needed business scale service.  They do offer a lot of channels for the price.  I don't really know what you could do on the OBi with 20 channels.

HaiChris

static ip address and port forwarding approach will work for me

giqcass

1) If you did not change default ports on your Obi then pick a port to use from this list. Whichever service provider you choose it must be configured for sip.  It can not be used for Google voice. If you haven't set up a sip account go to the bottom of this post and check out the quote from ianobi.

• a)SP1 = port 5060
  • b)SP2 = port 5061
  • c)SP3 = port 5062  OBi202/302 only.
  • d)SP4 = port 5063  OBi202/302 only.

2) If you have a router make sure the port you have chosen is being forwarded to your OBi device.  Consult your router manual.

3) Set up a static IP address or dynamic DNS.  A static IP address must be set up by your internet provider.  Dynamic DNS can be set up with various services such as DYN.com.

4) Sign up for an account with didforsale.com

5)  Log in to didforsale.com and click the manage ip address link on the left side of the page.

6 )  Add your static ip address or dynamic domain name and specify the port you chose in step 1.  There seems to be an error in the user interface on didforsale.com.  After you have saved you can ignore the port number displayed in the port column.  The real port is the number after the colon.

7) Click on Manage DID then click the search button.  You do not need to specify a search query if you want to pull up the whole list.

8) Check the boxes next to the DID numbers you wish to update.

9) You can leave Config_1 selected.

10) Check the box next to the IP address or static domain name you just set up.

11) Click save and wait up to 20 minutes before testing   >:(  it can actually take that long.  Updates are done on 20 minute intervals.  

If you save a change at 1:00 pm then you have to wait until 1:20pm.  
If you save a change at 1:20 pm then you have to wait until 1:40pm.  
If you save a change at 1:40 pm then you have to wait until 2:00pm.  
BUT
If you save a change at 1:19 pm then you only have to wait until 1:20pm.  
They key is to remember when their server hits the twenty minute mark it updates.  Their time may vary from your time slightly so if something doesn't work just wait the 20 minutes before freaking out.

Call your DID numbers to test one at a time and see if it works.

One last helpful hint.  Once you sign up for didforsale.com you can find a link on the left side of your account page that says "testing center".  That link will allow you to test your device for free with a real phone number before you buy an actual number from them.  The free test number is active for 6 hours.

Quote from ianobi about setting up a sip account.
QuoteFelix,

As you have noted, the SPx trunk used for a Voice Gateway does need to be configured for SIP and enabled before it can be used. However, it does not need to have a "real" account configured. The following "fake" account will work for your sp4 example:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName : (any letters or numbers)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : D

giqcass

Please let me know if you see any errors.