News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 110 Ehternet Port Running Slow

Started by bsdaiwa, March 09, 2013, 07:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

Would anyone have an idea why the Ethernet port on my OBi would be running at 10M Half? My router, which the OBi is directly connected to, reports that the port is not operating at 100M Full. I moved the device to other ports on the router and each of the other ports went from 100M Full to 10M Half as soon as the OBi was attached.

I don't see anywhere in the OBi setup that allows you to configure the Ethernet port.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Rick

Posted many times.  It comes that way.  You can change it easily.

Switching your OBi's Ethernet ports to 100 mb/s full duplex:
1. Dial *** 0
2. Enter option 27 and press #
3. Press 1 to set a new value
4. Enter a value of 1 and press #
5. Press 1 to confirm/save
6. Hang up
7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

Confirm settings:
How to verify the current setting of the OBi's ethernet ports 10 or 100 mb/s full duplex:
1. Dial *** 0
2. Enter option 27 and press #

At this point the OBiMAN will read back the current value:
0= 10 mb/s
1= 100 mb/s

bsdaiwa

Thanks, is there also a way to change the duplex to full or does this command do both?

Rick

Quote from: bsdaiwa on March 09, 2013, 12:30:15 PM
Thanks, is there also a way to change the duplex to full or does this command do both?

That's the ONLY thing it does do...Switching your OBi's Ethernet ports to 100 mb/s full duplex

bsdaiwa

Got it, and thanks. The port on the router now shows 100M Full.
Thanks again.

Shale

Quote from: Rick on March 09, 2013, 11:21:21 AM
Posted many times.  It comes that way.  You can change it easily.
Thanks. I note that is not shown in http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm

Is there another document that I should seek?

On the 1=100Mb Ethernet full duplex, is 0 = 10Mb half duplex? That 100MB Ethernet port setting would seem to be a commonly wanted thing, and it would seem to be very important thing for those feeding the computer etc with the LAN port of the OBi202.

This would  be something that might go into a globally useful sticky posting on OBiTALK Community > General Support > Installation and Set-Up (Devices).

Maybe add ***0 30 for those who want to access the web interface and who do not hook their computer to the OBi.... or maybe that would not be important for those using OBiTalk.